G3 stock music can't find music downloaded from Google Music

qnguye

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi: Can some expert help me please. I have Google Music downloaded onto SD card but somehow the G3 stock music is unable to find and play it. Is this the security thing of Kitkat or somehow I am not doing the right thing. If it is not having to do with security, please help with the direction to enable. Much appreciate and thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you download (or "Keep on Device") a song from your Google Play Music app, it gets saved in a hidden directory with a coded filename, so it won't be read by other music apps. If you want to store music locally, download the track onto your computer from your Google Music Library website, then copy the track over to your phone--see more info here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...tting-started-android-2014-a.html#post3707505

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As B. Diddy said you won't be able to play music downloaded from Google music unless you use the Google music app. This is so people don't get free music from the all access subscription.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Store the music on a sd card

Posted via Android Central App

He was doing that but from Google music and then trying to play it with the default app... But the default app.. Or well any 3rd party music player as well, cannot use Google music files to play since the app hides them so people can't get free music (pretty much).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hapily02