G3 TweaksBox - Want to Tweak your G3? (Root Required)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: G3 TweaksBox

The more I use Xposed and Tweak the more i appreciate them. So much control...

Xposed..... that app.... If there was an Android App Hall of Fame, the Xposed Framework would most certainly be a first ballot inductee. It's such a brilliant application.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Ah thanks saw that. Appears to be loads of compiling which I'm not used to.

?

Actually... You need a) Root b) Xposed Framework installed c) Beta version of G3TWB and d) The Android L Full G3TWB Theme installed

No compiling needed.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

?

Actually... You need a) Root b) Xposed Framework installed c) Beta version of G3TWB and d) The Android L Full G3TWB Theme installed

No compiling needed.

Yep I found that out after downloading I'm set! Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I also like the tweak that allows me to swipe side to side on the notification bar to dim and brighten the screen

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

No, a factory reset won't unroot. You'd need to flash the original ROM:

[Guide] LG G3 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Sto… | LG G3 | XDA Forums

Unfortunately, it's a little more complicated than rooting.

A little bit more complicated, but not difficult. I flashed full stock recently to check out the T-Mobile 10m update and I used the LGFlashTool method from XDA. Yeah, it took a few steps, but they amounted to plugging in the phone and following a couple of easy steps.

joesf

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

meyerweb and LeoRex thankyou. I also found a helpful video posted by mhunter in another thread that takes you through the whole process.

jrb7561

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

This application is terrific! Requires root and Xposed Framework.

I modified my grid size in home and app drawer, and added the good old menu button to the nav bar. Also, I absolutely LOVE the option to knock off the screen from anywhere by tapping the nav bar. This was annoying because I couldn't just lock the screen while in a web page or game, without hitting the power button.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/21/uzu2u3y9.jpg

Just curious but why would you add a menu key when long passing the multi-task button does the same thing? The extra 1/2 second too annoying for you? It's your phone and obviously you're free to do what you want. Just seems a little duplicative for me and needless clutter. To each his own.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Just curious but why would you add a menu key when long passing the multi-task button does the same thing? The extra 1/2 second too annoying for you? It's your phone and obviously you're free to do what you want. Just seems a little duplicative for me and needless clutter. To each his own

I came from a Motorola RAZR Maxx which has four physical buttons across the bottom, with menu being on the far left. This was a natural change for me, and it is actually a huge time-saver vs long-pressing the multi-task button.

I don't really consider four buttons cluttering, and there doesn't seem to be anything else more useful to put in its place. Actually, to me, three buttons looks strange because of the spacing. Seems to be too much room on the left and right side. Again, this is probably due to the fact that I am used to the four-button RAZR layout.