Galaxy nexus released on November 18th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Using Siri is equivalent to using a bluetooth headset/earbud.... you look like a douche.

Sorry, off topic.

Anyway, hoping the release is before Thanksgiving or at least black Friday... I am off work until the 1st of December. That would give me plenty of time to play with my new gadget pr0n before being interrupted by making a living.

*customized tapatalk signature*

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy nexus released on the 18th

That Reddit thread is just the rehashed "my mom's piano student's mom works for samsung" story though, right?

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

I just noticed that Big red just annouced that Casio rugged phone for release at the end of the week - seems to me that if the release is imminent (the 18th), there would have been an announcement from them by now. Just doesn't make any sense that they would go all out for the Razr and Rezound (android beasts) and not want to play up the "first ICS phone by Verizon". Just my thoughts....

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I just noticed that Big red just annouced that Casio rugged phone for release at the end of the week - seems to me that if the release is imminent (the 18th), there would have been an announcement from them by now. Just doesn't make any sense that they would go all out for the Razr and Rezound (android beasts) and not want to play up the "first ICS phone by Verizon". Just my thoughts....

For the record, it really doesn't seem like they went all out for the Rezound. The VZW store I was in yesterday had a single Rezound on display, like any other phone. The RAZR, meanwhile, had a massive customized display and several units around the store.

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

I hear what you are saying, but there hasn't been a peep of advertising for the GN from Big red. Seems awfully strange to me for a phone that is this highly anticipated. Sounds like a testing delay to me...

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I hear what you are saying, but there hasn't been a peep of advertising for the GN from Big red. Seems awfully strange to me for a phone that is this highly anticipated. Sounds like a testing delay to me...

Yeah, if they're going for thole whole dev angle, maybe we won't see any for awhile. I just hope we know a date by the week's end. Obviously I'd prefer a 17th-18th launch, but if that can't happen, at least throw us a date.

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site

For the record, it really doesn't seem like they went all out for the Rezound. The VZW store I was in yesterday had a single Rezound on display, like any other phone. The RAZR, meanwhile, had a massive customized display and several units around the store.

very true, a lot of push behind the RAZR because it carries the Droid branding. Been seeing commercials for weeks leading up to release whereas the first Rezound commercials I saw were during the football games on Sunday.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Fwiw I still havent seen any Rezound commericals,so no Nexus commericals yet doesnt surprise me.

jokeefe10

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Fwiw I still havent seen any Rezound commericals,so no Nexus commericals yet doesnt surprise me.

i've seen one commercial for the Rezound but it didn't air until Sunday. i've only seen it once so it's not like they are really pushing it. it's very obvious their main focus is the Razr and the Droid branding.

gobigred303

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I was surprised to see the GN used on CNBC today for advertising its mobile application. I wasn't entirely sure it was the GN until they showed "Galaxy Nexus" below the phone.

I'm assuming this is a good sign since VZW should be the first US carrier to get the device.

sarby25

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys. I've been a forum reader for years and this is my first post so hopefully I don't get flamed for posting a rumor. BUT, I just got back from my local Verizon store where I played dumb to see what info I could get on the GN.

I told the rep that greeted me at the door that I'm about to switch over from AT&T (which is actually true) and wanted to check out the Rezound and the GN before making my decision. Without any hesitation he said, "We don't have the GN yet but it's coming out on Thursday." I asked if he had any demo phones for training purposes and he shouted over to a group of 3 or 4 VZW reps "Hey did we get a Galaxy Nexus to play with yet?" and the response was, "It should be here sometime tomorrow."

So hopefully they weren't screwing with me but I am definitely going back every day this week!

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys. I've been a forum reader for years and this is my first post so hopefully I don't get flamed for posting a rumor. BUT, I just got back from my local Verizon store where I played dumb to see what info I could get on the GN.

I told the rep that greeted me at the door that I'm about to switch over from AT&T (which is actually true) and wanted to check out the Rezound and the GN before making my decision. Without any hesitation he said, "We don't have the GN yet but it's coming out on Thursday." I asked if he had any demo phones for training purposes and he shouted over to a group of 3 or 4 VZW reps "Hey did we get a Galaxy Nexus to play with yet?" and the response was, "It should be here sometime tomorrow."

So hopefully they weren't screwing with me but I am definitely going back every day this week!

So let me get this straight. YOU actually talked to the rep? Like in real life? Are you sure the rep didn't just tweet at you? LOL

Thanks for sharing. Sounds very promising.

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

thanks for sharing. That would make me a very happy new Verizon customer by this weekend. fingers crossed

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Welcome, and thanks for the info. Don't let any trolls scare you away! Definitely seems like things are falling into place with this phone!

sarby25

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

Welcome, and thanks for the info. Don't let any trolls scare you away! Definitely seems like things are falling into place with this phone!

Don't worry, trolls don't scare me..."What do you mean, an African or a European swallow?"

And yes, I actually talked, in person, to a real life rep at a real life Verizon store. The other employees didn't even flinch when he asked about the GN either. I half expected them to be mad at him or tell him they didn't have any info on it yet. Fingers crossed!

njennings

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

FWIW, I just called two of the closest corporate stores to my house here in Dallas and got the following responses to the question "are you guys getting the GN this week?":

Store #1: Uh, I don't think it's this week. Hold on. 20 seconds later: It's next week.
Me: Is there a particular day of the week you get the new stuff or who knows?
Them: Who knows?

Store #2: They haven't released a date for that yet.
Me: How far ahead do you typically hear about it?
Them: About a week.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

FWIW, I just called two of the closest corporate stores to my house here in Dallas and got the following responses to the question "are you guys getting the GN this week?":

Store #1: Uh, I don't think it's this week. Hold on. 20 seconds later: It's next week.
Me: Is there a particular day of the week you get the new stuff or who knows?
Them: Who knows?

Store #2: They haven't released a date for that yet.
Me: How far ahead do you typically hear about it?
Them: About a week.

try calling 10 or 15 stores and see. we need a bigger pool.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

It's very difficult to believe that any VZW store in the U.S. would have a release date and no one here would know about it.

I would love to be proven wrong, but these "my rep/my store said this" aren't very credible. I'm sure if you went to ever every VZW store in the US and asked about the iPhone 5 some uninformed rep would tell you it's on the way.

Reactions: gnipeh

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

It's very difficult to believe that any VZW store in the U.S. would have a release date and no one here would know about it.

I would love to be proven wrong, but these "my rep/my store said this" aren't very credible. I'm sure if you went to ever every VZW store in the US and asked about the iPhone 5 some uninformed rep would tell you it's on the way.

What you say is logical and makes sense; however, remember a few years ago and even more recently the Touch Pro II and the BB 9930 launches with Verizon. 24 hours before both of those phones launched, there were leaks on engadget and BGR that they were being release - no advertising, no warning, no NOTHING from Verizon - then all of a sudden both of those devices were on their website. Just seems that this could be another one of those type of situations. They have done nothing to advertise this device online or on TV whereas the other two phones they just released were all over the media - the RAZR obviously being much more heavily advertised due to the "droid" factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe1335