Galaxy Note 3 Verizon: Lollipop Update

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but the lock/home screen not rotating sure is a pain when it's mounted in my car. It distracts me more than it should while behind the wheel. All my previous Droids' lock/home screens rotated.

I use Nova Launcher and all of my screens rotate. That said, I mount my phone vertically in my car. Google Maps Navigation looks a lot better oriented that way.

kctony

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher and all of my screens rotate. That said, I mount my phone vertically in my car. Google Maps Navigation looks a lot better oriented that way.

Including your lock screen? I'm using Nova as well and my lock screen does not rotate... The issue is not home screen or apps but the pin lock screen fails to rotate. Did before lollipop.

Its actually harder than it appears. I make it look easy.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Including your lock screen? I'm using Nova as well and my lock screen does not rotate... The issue is not home screen or apps but the pin lock screen fails to rotate. Did before lollipop.

Its actually harder than it appears. I make it look easy.

This has nothing to do with the OP's question. That said, I've used Nova forever, and I don't remember my lock screen ever rotating. I use Lollipop's trusted devices anyway, so it never bothered me.

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, but the lock/home screen not rotating sure is a pain when it's mounted in my car. It distracts me more than it should while behind the wheel. All my previous Droids' lock/home screens rotated.

christobal found a solution. Try the app Ultimate Rotation Control.

Posted via the Android Central App

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Anyone notice that they don't get notifications for like Facebook messages and snapchat unless you have the app open in the task manager? The only 2 apps it does it with my experience.

Doxcyguy617

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My Note3 has become almost unusable since the update to lollipop. It is always going to 3G or 1X, requiring switching to airplane mode more times a day than I care to count. I live in an X-LTE saturated market, so this is completely unacceptable.

Wifi also had become completely unreliable. While I connect to my Wifi network and obtain an IP, I barely ever have true connectivity.

Switching between apps can be painfully slow even when they are already open and running. The lag is really bad and usally causes me to hit the damn back key all the time. Doing a three step task usually takes 6+ steps.

I was hoping this phone would last until the Note5 came out, but the daily aggravation is making me consider a manufacturer change, and I have been loyal to Sammy for a really long time.

Just really annoyed...

Smoove_note

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I have no clue why people are having so much problems with there note 3 ... mine is running flawlessly with lollipop... I love the new look ... even tho we constantly have to close the apps so ram won't get eaten up and slow up the phone ... but other then that for a 2 year old phone this phone has been amazing and can't wait till the note 5 comes out ....

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have no clue why beautiful women don't find me irresistibly attractive, when I know for a fact I am absolutely gorgeous and completely flawless.

bitzyme

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
My Note 3 was 7 months old when I upgraded. There are several different builds of this phone, probably depending on location and carrier. I had quite a few problems. Severe battery drain, had to go into safe mode and clear cache. Had to uninstall and re-install several apps for it to run more like it should. Battery drain isn't as bad as it was but it still drains quicker than it used to. Must be the updated apps take more juice than the older apps using kitkat 4.4. Still wishing I had not installed Lollipop. It ran beautifully before that. The aesthetics of Lollipop appear very child-like IMHO. Too much white glaring in your face.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have no clue why people are having so much problems with there note 3 ... mine is running flawlessly with lollipop... I love the new look ... even tho we constantly have to close the apps so ram won't get eaten up and slow up the phone ... but other then that for a 2 year old phone this phone has been amazing and can't wait till the note 5 comes out ....

My apologies if my response came across the wrong way.

You were just saying you were happy with the update and liked the look.

I was at the point of getting tired with a lot of people regularly saying "I'm alright, Jack" so there's no problem if mine is alright.

A little empathy for other users wouldn't go amiss sometimes from some people.

I have a UK Note 3 waiting for Lollipop still. I don't really want it or like the look of it, and agree with many complaints that it has changed the device they bought.

I also know and like regular posters with Verizon who have suffered issues with Lollipop, and know others here and on other carriers who have had a smooth transition and are happy.

I am glad it worked out well for you and you are pleased with the benefits.

I suspect it will work well for me with a non carrier device, and I may grow to like if not love the look in time.

I also suspect I will have bought another device with Lollipop pre-installed, or the second Ice Age arrives before Lollipop comes to this Note 3.

(wait, I did say I didn't want it, didn't I? - but I'm curious! )

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I was talking to Verizon Support today for some signal issues with my phone, and they said I need to update the phone to lollipop

lol nice try big red, not happening

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord