Galaxy S IV or Note 2?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Granted one isn't released yet, but assuming the S IV is released in April, would you still get the Note 2?

I know the screen is slightly larger, but does it have any other advantages for someone that would want to get something as future proof as possible?

signaltwins

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Granted one isn't released yet, but assuming the S IV is released in April, would you still get the Note 2?

I know the screen is slightly larger, but does it have any other advantages for someone that would want to get something as future proof as possible?

I love my Note 2, but I will upgrade to the S4 as soon as it comes out. The S4's screen is smaller, but has 1920x1080 resolution, which I need for the stuff that I use.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I decided not to wait for the S4 and picked up the Note 2 about 10 days ago. I liked the big screen, and I don't see the S4 offering anything that substantial in the way of an improvement. Some differences will be leveled out by software update, and what remains just won't have a significant enough impact on me. (E.g., the IR blaster ... meh.)

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have not really looked at the specs on the S4, but if I didn't already have the Note 2, I would still get the Note 2! I love the S pen and the battery is amazing! I came from a Thunderbolt! My husband is still on the Tbolt and he needs to get a new phone, but doesn't really use the phone to its fullest as I do. So I was thinking more the current S3 for him just because I think the Note 2 would feel to big to him, but he really needs the amazing battery life the GN2 provides and Jelly Bean is very smooth!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I just got the note -... Can get the submit decided to keep my note2...Maybe my husband will get it and give the 4s to my 17yr old...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought my note a couple of weeks ago. No regrets. The size is perfect and the battery life is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I bought my note a couple of weeks ago. No regrets. The size is perfect and the battery life is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I'm new to the note 2...just got it yesterday. I'm coming from the razr maxx and I've been really spoiled on the battery. I was holding out for the S4 but after doing some research I discovered that the note 2 has a bigger battery than the S4.

Sent from the Note 2!!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Can't imagine leaving the Note2 for the S4. I love the Note2 screen. Colors are vivid. Everything is awesome. I am very happy with my Note2. :):):):):)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

w4rmk

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the Note 3, which I think will jump over the S4 as the premier Galaxy phone when it arrives later this year.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I love my N2, but I am intrigued by the S4. The N2 is slightly too big and I think the S4 will fit perfectly for me. Some of the features are a bit gimmicky, but all in all it looks to be a solid phone. I will have to see it first before I decide, but I also like the increased internal storage.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The S4 may be faster and has better screen over my Note 2 but I don't much other improvements that would make me sway away from my current phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely, I love the larger screen. That, and I got my note 2 for $37. I don't think that the s4 would be that price for some time.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely, I love the larger screen. That, and I got my note 2 for $37. I don't think that the s4 would be that price for some time.
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

I love the large screen on the Note2...and I can't wait to hear the specs on the Note3 (when that comes out), but I have to be honest, I'm not sure I would like a screen any larger than the Note 2. Pretty soon I'll be strapping my 55" Samsung flat screen to my head to make a call or surf the web..!!