Galaxy S20 5G AT&T won't update software

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
is it better to just buy unlocked Samsung phones? in the past the carrier phones always got the updates pushed over the air first. has Samsung gotten better at updating their unlocked phones in a timely manner?
Yes they have , been updating before carrier now , but every once in awhile carriers get it before,but unlocked has improved.

AlphaBeepBeep

Apr 17, 2019
Visit site
I wonder why it suddenly won't update. it was on the February patch out of the box and updated perfectly one after another the other night but now I'm stuck on August and can't get any more updates. att website says the October patch is the most recent but I can't get the phone to get it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I wonder why it suddenly won't update. it was on the February patch out of the box and updated perfectly one after another the other night but now I'm stuck on August and can't get any more updates. att website says the October patch is the most recent but I can't get the phone to get it.
Att branded phone can run into this issue

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
So this got me thinking, I've had the S20 plus for a about 2 months now, and it updated fine a few times when I first got it, but looking, I'm on the August security patch, and it says that I am up to date. Is that the latest security patch from AT&T, or am I not getting updates?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So this got me thinking, I've had the S20 plus for a about 2 months now, and it updated fine a few times when I first got it, but looking, I'm on the August security patch, and it says that I am up to date. Is that the latest security patch from AT&T, or am I not getting updates?
If you go to settings>software>is there option to tap last update there?

theshigg87

Dec 7, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I'm so happy that this is not happening to just me, though ATnt is treating me like its just me, I have done absolutely everything to resolve this issue, Atnt blames Samsung and vise versa, just to continue what has already been said on this forum. they have also had me send in my device the new one I got also had an old security update, mine currently has android 10 and UI 2.5. Does anyone have a step by step directions for Odlin (sp) and does that void warranty?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I'm so happy that this is not happening to just me, though ATnt is treating me like its just me, I have done absolutely everything to resolve this issue, Atnt blames Samsung and vise versa, just to continue what has already been said on this forum. they have also had me send in my device the new one I got also had an old security update, mine currently has android 10 and UI 2.5. Does anyone have a step by step directions for Odlin (sp) and does that void warranty?
Hi, welcome to AC!

Can follow these steps
Download the software from link I mentioned above. Here is the guidelines

This is the steps :

Windows computer needed

Latest Odin can Google it from XDA Forums and download the latest should be Odin 3.14.1 / and Frija tool or samfirm (i usually download both)

Download samfirm v0.4.1 tool and frija, extract it with 7zip.

You will extract files for Odin prince comsey 3.14.1once download with 7zip and will do same for firmware with 7zip .

Put your model number then region and select check for updates , then download the FIRMWARE , extract the FIRMWARE with 7zip.

There will be 4 files after you extract the firmware

BL

AP

CP

CSC

Each of those files will go in Odin when you open to the corresponding slots

BL

AP

CP

Home slot don't out anything

CSC USE HOME CSC FIILE TO SAVE DATA /THIS ONLY GOING BETWEEN CARRIER FIRMWARE OR IF YOUR ON UNLOCKED GOING BETWEEN UNLOCKED FIRMWARE

If you going from carrier to unlock firmware keep regular CSC not home CSC and do a back up it will factory reset the device.

connect your phone with cable to computer , once the files are in its slots hit start, once done you'll see pass in Odin and it will reboot

*Make sure you put phone in download mode
*If dont see your phone connected in Odin change cables or ports in computer .
*Never disconnect the cable in middle of flashing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm sorry that link don't have the firmware use the one I provided in the guide but you'll have to use Verizon or Tmobile firmware and are compatible for all carriers , these are stock Samsung firmwares

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred