Galaxy S4 has black screen and is responsive to touch with sound

sconnell80

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I am new to the galaxy world and have a question. I have an S4 that turns on and vibrates when powered on. The screen flashes a quick green and then goes black and stays black. It makes noise when the samsung logo comes up. The screen is responsive and all the buttons work. I am curious is to what needs to be replaced or what to try and fix the issue. Is the didgitizer bad or is the whole lcd display bad. I guess any help at this point would be great. Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say the screen is responsive, do you just mean the capacitative buttons? Or does the phone vibrate when you long press something on the screen?

Clearly, the LCD is faulty, so that needs replacement. If the screen seems to respond to touch, then perhaps the digitizer can be saved, but I'm not sure if the two have to be replaced together. I would bring it to a repair shop. If you want to do it yourself, there are probably many YouTube videos showing you how.

sconnell80

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
When you turn the phone on you get the screen to flash and then vibrate, you can faintly see the galaxy s4 logo then you hear the Samsung tone. The buttons on the bottom light up and make noise when you push them. Also when you touch certain spots on the screen it makes noises and you can hear it when it swipes to unlock. When you hold the power button down for a few seconds while it is on you can faintly see the screen flash something, then it restarts. I figured the lcd was bad on it, but wanted someones knowledge that has done these before. If I do replace it, I will do it myself and get the lcd, digitizer, frame as one. I checked all connections and still the same. Thanks for your response and knowledge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runblue