Galaxy S6 Screen Rotation not working

ajay340

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I received my galaxy s6 yesterday and everything was fine. Today my screen rotation isn't working. Does anyone know how to fix it or have the same problem?

PRidd

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
There's a 2 page thread on this issue in the Edge section.

My phone's screen rotation hasn't worked since it was delivered, so I have to get a replacement. Some people have suggested that a factory reset works but not always.

Try a factory reset.

ajay340

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't want my phone to be factory reset if there is a chance it won't be fix. I have also seen the edge has the same problem. I hope they push some software update to fix this.

Lalah714

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Pull down the screen from the top. You should see different options one of them will say screen rotation. Make sure it is lit. If u dont see it in there click edit. You will find it in there. Hope that works if u havent figured it out yet. ☺

ajay340

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Pull down the screen from the top. You should see different options one of them will say screen rotation. Make sure it is lit. If u dont see it in there click edit. You will find it in there. Hope that works if u havent figured it out yet. ☺

Ya I did that before still didn't work

lorensztajer

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I experienced the same thing last night with my 64GB "normal" S6. After speaking to tech support on the phone and going through all the possible solutions, they suggested taking it to the store for a replacement. Charged my phone via computer USB overnight because I saw some online comments that it might be the rapid charger affecting the accelerometer. Took it to the Verizon store this morning. After a power-off and on, and resetting the screen rotation option, it started working again. Advice I received was to "just keep using it and hopefully any problems will show up again within the 14-day window".

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
So I had 2 s6 edge phones and both stopped rotating the screen. I went to verizon today and got an s6 instead. When I got home and charged it, it started getting HOT like the last 2 phones. So I panicked and unplugged it. Then I remembered I had an old micro USB charger laying around the house and decided to try it. Lo and behold, the phone cooled back down. It's definitely the charger -___-

DresdenKali

May 21, 2015
Visit site
So, for me the issue seems tied directly to fast charging. I received my S6 Edge Saturday, and it was working fine until yesterday, Weds. The issue presented immediately following the first fast charge I had done. All previous charges have been done wirelessly. I spent an hour with Samsung, we did all of the common idea's including clearing cash and downloading/using the screen lock application. None of these worked. They recommended that I do a device swap. I did some additional research and installed phone tester, since verizon locks out service menu's. Sure enough the y axis was stuck on the accelerometer. I did call back Samsung with the information and to ensure they documented following fast charging.

I went ahead and did the device swap, I will hold off on using fast charge until a reported fix is released.

Given that only one axis is stuck, it makes me wonder if it is a full hardware issue.

KRW1

May 9, 2015
Visit site
So, for me the issue seems tied directly to fast charging. I received my S6 Edge Saturday, and it was working fine until yesterday, Weds. The issue presented immediately following the first fast charge I had done. All previous charges have been done wirelessly. I spent an hour with Samsung, we did all of the common idea's including clearing cash and downloading/using the screen lock application. None of these worked. They recommended that I do a device swap. I did some additional research and installed phone tester, since verizon locks out service menu's. Sure enough the y axis was stuck on the accelerometer. I did call back Samsung with the information and to ensure they documented following fast charging.

I went ahead and did the device swap, I will hold off on using fast charge until a reported fix is released.

Given that only one axis is stuck, it makes me wonder if it is a full hardware issue.

Based on receipts included with repaired phones, people have reported that Samsung is swapping out hardware to fix this issue. I exchanged my S6E with a non Edge version and I have not had any problems although I refuse to use the supplied rapid charger until Samsung/Verizon officially and professionally address the issue. My S6 barely even gets warm when charging, unlike the Edge that got hot.

Manikandan Krishnan

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I am also having the same problem, the screen rotation not working even after factory reset twice. And the camera also not working fine. Now, is there any possibilities to replace the phone to new one? what is the procedure?

nreeher

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys! Wipe the cache partition. This is that one where you use volume up, home and power keys. then use the volume down key to select wipe cache partition. Whenever you do a factory data reset, it DOES NOT erase this partition and the problem remains. Give it a shot!

ibrahim benghali

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I received my galaxy s6 yesterday and everything was fine. Today my screen rotation isn't working. Does anyone know how to fix it or have the same problem?

Hello, i have bought my samsung galaxy s6 64gb normal one 6 months ago and it is working fine until yesterday the screen rotation does not work but i have tested the sensors by dialing *#0*# this brings the manu to test everything in your phone and see if everything is working the sensors works fine but idk whats causing it to not rotate. So i have tried restarting it and it fixed it but after some hours it will come again and the rotation wont work again until i restart the phone :/ it is very annoying and wierd.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT