Galaxy S7 audio cuts out, how can I stop this?

Elesic Echo

May 23, 2017
Visit site
I have tried downloading Sound about, and did the developer options fix. They both stopped working after a while. I have this phone now because I replaced ome before for the same problem. Now my new one is doing it. Any other options other than sending it it to get it fixed?

Not bluetooth, I have tried it and it still wont work

I had that done, the phone will probably do the same thing after a few months

Last edited by a moderator:

dbirby

May 25, 2017
Visit site
Personally, I have found that this happens the most when I have cell network. I travel quite a bit and listen to audible when driving. When I'm out of cell phone range - no problems. When I'm in town, it cuts out on my car bluetooth. If I put the phone on airplane mode and enable the bluetooth, no issues. Kind of defeats the point, though....

Makinen79

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Widespread problem it seems. Ive tried everything. Oddly my sound comes back on when I push home button, power and volume up buttons simultaneously! Oddly phone will not go into options mode for cache clearing like it is supposed to when I press these also. Love the s7 when it worked correctly. This sound problem is so bad however that I might
Go back to IPHONE

My phone will not allow me to get into menu to wipe cache partition also

Last edited by a moderator:

baby_grendel

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S7 audio cuts out

I'm almost positive this is a hardware issue involing the headphone jack. I've already had AT&T send me a new device and the exact same thing happened after I plugged in my headphones. Now if my speaker cuts out I plug and unplug my headphones a few times and the external speaker works until I used headphones again. Samsung has to be aware of this... But I don't see how they could offer a fix.

johnnyddn

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
I GOT MINE FIXED!!! I'm on a T-Mobile S7 non-edge

My symptoms - Audio would cut out from speaker playing Youtube, Pandora etc. after about 2-5 seconds. Would close application re-open, sound would work for a few seconds and cut out again. If I plugged in a jack into the headphone socket and unplug it, the sound would play for a few seconds and cut out again. Sound from headphone jack works fine but not the speakers. I even did a factory reset and it did not fix the issue.

FIX - PRESS "UP VOLUME" + "HOME" + "POWER", it takes a screenshot.

I had to do this a couple times for it to work. I don't know why this fixed it but it did, I pulled this answer from another thread. They said the sound could cut out again, and to just press those buttons again if it happens. But so far mines been good.

Sal Scarpa

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I used developers options and increased the buffer logging amount to 4m and that seems to work, every once in a while i will get about a 1 sec blip of no volume. I may increase the buffer to 16m if it gets any worse. Samsunf G7 active on att.

Sal Scarpa

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
After changing my buffer soze to 16m it worked for a little while but it came back. Then I tried turning off EASY MUTE that seems to work also. I'll keep testing.

Jake Doonan

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone will still have this problem but if you tap the back of your phone near the speaker it should solve the issue it's worked for my s7.

Might be worth a try :)

Vinny vinny

Jul 9, 2017
Visit site
So all of you got really close to the answer. The problem ia not a third party app. When i started troubleshooting this problem i did all of the stuff above, and none help. Then i decided to look at the OS and see what is going on. The problem is google assisten or google now... depwnding on what your version of os is... google now listens to every word you say... and it should throw away all of it unless you say "ok google". But in order for google to find other ways of income google now listens to all we say... and sends it to google for them to offer it to the highest bidder. When you play music on speker there is way too many thinga to process... so the application locks up... and so does your sound. If you increase the buffers you just let it listen and process more data... when you do volume up home and power... you restart the locked up app... so it gives it more time untill it locks up again.... the solution is... turn off google now or google assistent... hold the home button... the up will show up.. go in settings, the three ... and disable it. They will still continue to losten.. just not via this app :) happy sound days!!!

johnnyddn

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
I uninstalled the "Google" and the "Google Text-to-Speech" apps and it seemed to fix mine.

Nevermind still cuts out after a few seconds.

Last edited:

0809mn

May 15, 2017
Visit site
So - I got my S7 back from the service team and in the report of them .....

NO PROBLEMS FOUND ON YOUR PHONE :(

Wow - I turned my phone on and after around 1 min same problem and they didn't found
anything. The phone was still in factory status no third party apps installed from my side.
I got a note from the service team that third party apps can make this problems :eek:

I hope Samsung will release 7.1.2 soon and the problems are gone.

Eekers

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
Dear everyone on the thread I've been struggling with this issue for quite some time and I had an epiphany hey the note had explosive problems (heat problems) so I did a trial an error took my phone out of its case and unplugged the charger it was on and behold it was hot to the touch and audio cut out still cooled off listening to spotify clearly now and watching YouTube videos with no problem.

robharrydean

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
I know there are a lot of contradictory solutions suggested here.
Disabling Google did not fix it for me.
On one occasion I seemed to get the issue right after factory reset, though it is possible a stock app had auto-updated.
After several resets, my current top suspect is Facebook Messenger: I installed a few essential apps and tested audio after each one. The problem occurred only after Messenger was installed, and seems to have stopped occuring now I have uninstalled in and replaced it with a third-party app. Though time will tell.
That said, there is clearly a firmware issue as it should not be possible to break this phone's basic functionality through use of apps as common as Google or Messenger: if such apps lead to a problem, Samsung should step up and fix their ROM or at least identify why their ROM needs treating with kid gloves by the most ubiquitous apps in the world.

robharrydean

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
I know there are a lot of contradictory solutions suggested here.
Disabling Google did not fix it for me.
On one occasion I seemed to get the issue right after factory reset, though it is possible a stock app had auto-updated.
After several resets, my current top suspect is Facebook Messenger: I installed a few essential apps and tested audio after each one. The problem occurred only after Messenger was installed, and seems to have stopped occuring now I have uninstalled in and replaced it with a third-party app. Though time will tell.
That said, there is clearly a firmware issue as it should not be possible to break this phone's basic functionality through use of apps as common as Google or Messenger: if such apps lead to a problem, Samsung should step up and fix their ROM or at least identify why their ROM needs treating with kid gloves by the most ubiquitous apps in the world.

Sigh... problem returned...

PaulanBama

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone will still have this problem but if you tap the back of your phone near the speaker it should solve the issue it's worked for my s7.

Might be worth a try :)

I have been dealing with this issue for almost a year. Finally, I read a post similar to the one above about the speaker. Bottom right hand corner. I squeezed that area a bit and flexed the phone. (Be careful)
My audio has been working for a couple days now. :D:D
I sincerely hopes this helps someone else with this issue. Good luck!!

Pomi11

Aug 9, 2017
Visit site
I have been dealing with this issue for almost a year. Finally, I read a post similar to the one above about the speaker. Bottom right hand corner. I squeezed that area a bit and flexed the phone. (Be careful)
My audio has been working for a couple days now. :D:D
I sincerely hopes this helps someone else with this issue. Good luck!!

I have g7 active. Same problem. Pressing lower right side of the phone solves the problem for some time. Looks like mfg problem.