Galaxy S7 Edge "No Connection" Issue Leading To App Issues

YoungASC

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I have had the Galaxy S7 Edge a few days before the official launch and have notice a few issues:

*Everytime I send a photo to a contact my phone will say "No Connection" even though the message sends successfully

*While using certain apps I've had consistency issues such as on Facebook if I refresh page twice it will no longer load and at the bottom it will say "Can't Connect Right Now" and offers a retry button. On Spotify sometimes it will say that none of songs are available once I try to switch to a second Playlist. On SoundCloud & Sirius XM if you turn the phone display off for longer than 2 minutes the connection stops and as soon as you turn the screen back onto the app, the connection resumes but even when I did that the signal of the app drops every few minutes and forces you to try to reconnect.

*My Email has to also be force closed then re-entered in order to sync (even though I have the sync upon delivery option selected)

*It all seems to be data related issues even though I have strong signal at times of the issues for these apps

*The only way to fix these so far is to force close the apps and reopen them but every 5 minutes or so I will have to force close again. I run through AT&T and am coming from the Galaxy S5 in which I had none of these previous issues on that phone

Has anyone else been experiencing these problems? I'm trying to find out if it's the phone or the carrier with the issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

racingvike

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with iHeart Radio, but do not experience it with the Sirius XM app. Happens on both wifi and over the Sprint network for me. I've set the app in power saving to 'never' and have ensured the apps are set to never restrict background data.

Kaktuschick

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
This also happens to me with the Galaxy s7. Facebook and Words with friends both just seem to randomly not connect, BOTH while on data and wifi. I have to reboot the phone and then it's fine.

racingvike

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
All,

I have fixed a number of these type issues by going into settings->battery->battery usage->more->optimize battery usage. Click the drop down and select all apps. Shut off the optimization in the app list for the specific app seeing issues. It appears some apps do not play well with optimization. To include Edge functionality. Specifically I have fixed:

1) Native Email sync issue
2) Good application sync issue
3) Edge Feeds "network not connected" error
4) iHeart Radio stopping playback once screen goes dark if not connected to power source (this issue appears to also happen to Sirius XM, Pandora, Spotify for some users)
5) Widget for CBS Sports App

Hope this helps.

dannyjoe08

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much! I was on the verge of taking my phone back. I had issues with my FB Messenger app not popping up new messages. I also had the issue with the "OK Google" being offline everytime I tried to use it.

Meloanthony

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
This also happens to me with the Galaxy s7. Facebook and Words with friends both just seem to randomly not connect, BOTH while on data and wifi. I have to reboot the phone and then it's fine.

Did you have to reboot more than once or is it working just fine now with no issues anymore? Im having the same problems

Last edited by a moderator:

RingKu

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I've had an S7 Edge for about 5 weeks now. It was perfect for the first month but I also started experiencing this last week. Out of the blue my data connection drops and I either have to reboot or wait a few minutes for it to come back. Happens most often with iHeart radio and Chrome.

I've got a microcell in my home and good wifi. It works fine there. But as soon as I get on a cellular connection it starts having problems.

Anyways, I tried this fix and it didn't work for me so perhaps my issues were different.

Late last night I got a big update from AT&T and even though it made no mention of this problem, so far, today, it's been working fine. Also, I have that "ATT mark the spot" app installed and this morning I got literally 5 new alerts saying network problems in this area have been resolved. Ironic since 2-3 times tech support said there were no network issues in this area.

So I'm left wondering if it was a software thing, a network thing, or both. Either way, today, I'm back to working as good as it did day 1. Knock on wood.

One last thing, when I called ATT the first time they practically threw a microcell at me for free. Called after work on Tuesday and received it Wednesday about 1pm.

Hope this helps.

Abdullah Al-Nuaimi

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
i have the s7edge for about 2 weeks
now every time i opened the galaxy app shows network error when i am using wifi and it work well on my 4g data.. something is wrong with the phone wifi as if it doesnot give the apps internet..or the phone wifi is connected to certain apps but not others so part of the phone use the wifi the other parts doesnot see the wifi connection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere