Galaxy Tab 4 Stuck on Samsung Splash Screen

A

AC Question

I recently updated an app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 and once it finished installing the update, it restarted, which is unusual. When it went to boot back up, it passed the very first screen with the model number, but even 5 hours later (how long the battery lasted), it would not go past the Samsung screen after the initial screen. Note, it is not root at all, and yes, I have tried wiping the cache and I have hard reset it 2 or 3 times already so please don't advise either unless there is something more after that.

This shouldn't be a power button issue because it doesn't continuously restart, the battery charges fine (just takes forever to lose it's charge now since it sits on the same screen forever), and I have not had any problems like this in the past. Also, I cannot start it in Safe Mode because it won't go past the Samsung screen to do so.

Any ideas? I contact Samsung support and they said Hard Reset, then when I said it didn't work, go to a service center. I'd love to fix this on my own somehow first.

kriswithmany

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Found the instructions for a factory reset. This will wipe everything from your tablet, so this is a last resort.

From Samsung chat:
1) Power the Tab off.
Manish J: 2) Press and hold Volume up, Power button and the Home button.
Manish J: 3) The Android system recovery menu appears.
Manish J: 4) Press the Volume Up or Down button to select "wipe data/factory reset", and then press the Power button to make your selection.
Manish J: 5) Press the Volume Up or Down button to select "Yes – delete all user data", and then press the Power button to make your selection.
Manish J: 6) When the reset is complete, press the volume Up or Down button to select "reboot system now", and then press the Power button to make your selection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit