Gear S3 charging issue

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue the last two days since an update... Strange.

Charges slow too. Tonight I am going to power it off and see if I can get it to charge normal with the power off.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes... Yesterday I started at like 7% put it on charge at about 9 pm then at midnight it was at 96% I left it on all night and when I woke up it was at 90%...

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
have you installed any new apps in the last few days? maybe a rogue app is wrecking the charging process?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Since this latest update...which was huge...I've been having a really bad problem with charging. When I take it off charge in the morning the watch is extremely hot and it only shows about 7% charge (while still on the charger). I turn it off while charging, but the same thing happens if I keep it turned on. And when I take it off charge, it will not turn on again even after I let it cool. I tried putting it back on the charger and it'll show something like 36% charged, but still will not turn on. It's never done this before; always operated great. But this latest update has done something mysterious to it. I can't check anything because I can't turn the watch on. After several tries (placing back in the charging cradle) it tries to turn back on, but doesn't. Who else is having this problem? If it continues another day, it's going back.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Contacted Samsung via live chat. Talked me through a reboot>recovery. It worked for a bit, after several tries. I turned off the watch and replaced it in the charging cradle. The same thing happened. Won't turn on and the power showed 4% after four hours. Taking it back to the store on Tuesday morning.

trusigma

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Same issues, returned it to Samsung on the 11th, they replaced the battery, received it back yesterday, it was at 46%. Put it on the charger all night, woke up it was 44%. Just called Samsung, they advised to return it again.

Not happy

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Same issues, returned it to Samsung on the 11th, they replaced the battery, received it back yesterday, it was at 46%. Put it on the charger all night, woke up it was 44%. Just called Samsung, they advised to return it again.

Not happy

Have you tried a new charger? Are you using a Samsung usb cord? Are you plugging into a computer or directly into an outlet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais