Gear S3 Watch lost pairing with Pixel 3 and I can't get them paired any longer

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Suddenly last week they seemed to have lost their connection. Not sure what happened and I might have over-reacted. The watch wound up rebooting and lost everything. What's interesting is that I seem to have recovered a memo or two.

Now when I reboot, I get a screen with Accessibility or ? (question mark). If I follow the prompts, it wants me to choose language but I don't get beyond that. I can't exit out of that screen/mode using either of the two buttons.

If I choose ? then I am able to set up the watch without connecting to phone. I can setup wifi. If I use settings to connect to the phone I'm back on the English language loop - which I've now done about a dozen time (not kidding).

I lost my favorite watch face and can't seem to find it on their site.

Ideas on re-pairing. At least, I can now see the time, weather and heart rate!!!

Oh, I have done both the reboot and gotten the Menu series including Recovery and about 3 other choices. Nothing has worked there either.

Oh, and accidentally enabling the screen reader almost drove me over the edge - I wanted to stomp on the watch. Took forever to undo that mistake!

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Watches say the darnest things...

I figured I'd come back. Every time I swiped right on the watch I'd get a prompt - do you want to connect to your phone. Yeah, yeah, that's what I got three weeks ago. But today I figured what the ...

So I acknowledged the prompt. Ran Samsung Wear on the phone this time it connected. No language prompt or other crap like that. I did take a series of hoops but suddenly I was back in business. I even went to far as to reinstall Samsung Pay. That took another half dozen hoops and a call with my credit card company.

I don't know what planets aligned today but.... It seems to be working. (fingers crossed)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter