Get rid of the FPS?

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Nexus 6P, I HATED the placement, but as others have said, muscle memory is a weird thing and I adjusted pretty quickly and along with a thin case I have which has a slight ridge around the FPS, it's become really easy.

I had the face recognition active, but I hated when I just wanted to look at my lock screen to maybe swipe or delete some emails without getting into the phone and it popped right passed the lock screen, so now I just use the FPS and I'm happy with it.

All that said, I do actually think it should be centered like the Pixels...

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
OP sounds like an Apple fanboy trolling.

I wont buy a phone without a fingerprint scanner.

Nothing about facial recognition makes the FPS "obsolete".

I quite enjoy being able to unlock my phone without looking at it as there are quite a few situations where its nice or necessary.

Apple fan boy? I haven't owned an apple device in years. I could easily adjust to not having a FPS. I like having it and I like the position better than on the front. Hated it on the bottom if the screen. Just getting some opinions, don't get so butthurt, you might melt.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I guess if the phones I used had horrible locations like the S8 and Note 8 my attitude would be different, but I would not be pleased if they all dropped the FPS.

I was at the market last night to pick up some stuff, they take Android Pay. As they rang up my stuff, I reached into my pocket to get my Pixel XL. By the time I get the phone out of my pocket, it was already unlocked and a tap on the POS scanner later, it was back in my pocket without any fuss.

Yes, the inconvenience of lifting the phone up to my face would be a first world problem, but... how is it progress if it complicates the interaction?

Lame.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I really hope they totally omit the FPS on the upcoming S9 and/or note 9. With the 3d facial reading tech and the Iris scanner, the FPS is obsolete. Anyone else?

No like the FPS. I don't want to use iris or face scanner from Samsung since theirs is so easily fooled and not secure.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
FPS is pretty good on the s8. I wouldn't want to do without it. Rarely have to clean the camera lens so placement isn't that bad after all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disappointer