Gimme back my lollipop! [LG G4]

patcal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I went back to lollipop. How numerous apps deal with the SD card, widgets not updating were just a few of the reasons. I will try again later, but for now lollipop just seems to work better for me. YMMV.

Pat

jaydee5799

Q&A Team
Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Terrible update, I hate being a beta test for Android/Carriers/Manufacturers.

I just popped over to the Sammy forums and either they haven't received MM yet or it's so smooth it's transparent. If they haven't received it yet I can't wait to read the festivities once they do.

exactly! I hate MM. It has cause my phone to freeze and hang constantly. Apps don't open properly and I have to reboot more than I did with my BlackBerry! Such a sin! Makes me really not like this LG G4 anymore. I wanna go back as well.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Too bad you're having issues. In my case, I've noticed little difference between Marshmallow and Lollipop on the G4. The phone runs, and acts, just about the same....

I'm in Canada w/Telus (LG-H812) and just as you little difference experienced here w/MM, same performance, similar battery life and “never” once has it froze requiring a reboot since day one, having come from WM this is a breath of fresh air… Owned/own other Android phones/tablets so Droid is nothing new to me.

HidingTrouble

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
My G4 is having problems with Bluetooth and GPS and a FDR did nothing to help it. I'll probably just roll it back to Lollipop.

Posted via the Android Central App

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I did the downgrade from marshmallow back to lollipop. Download the LGUP program (2 zipped files), the find the right kdz file for your specific version. I have the T-Mobile 10n version if someone needs me to figure out how to post.

After that, it's pretty automated: load LGUP, point it to the kdz file, press start, and walk away. Takes about 10 minutes. If you had done a recent LG backup before the update, then you just run the program and in a few more minutes, most of your files and settings are back the way they were. Does not require a rooted phone, but I do think you need to have developer options enabled.

If you want to downgrade, it's really one of the easier things out there

Thanks for this Allen. Will screen shot and save it for reference.

LG NitroHD G2 G3 G4

vag65

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I am downgrading back to LP as I type this. Fingers crossed it all goes well . . . . .

This method worked great but then I had the annoying update notification that kept popping up so I found the fix for that on the XDA forums. I think I am happy again :)

karelese1

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Can you please tell me where you found the kdz files? I am having horrible luck locating the exact one for my H812 with Wind as my carrier. The software version is H81220f it's on mm 6.0 I want to go back to LP 5.1 Help please!!!

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Can you please tell me where you found the kdz files? I am having horrible luck locating the exact one for my H812 with Wind as my carrier. The software version is H81220f it's on mm 6.0 I want to go back to LP 5.1 Help please!!!

The LGUP flash program plus TOT files in the link below is hands down the easiest way to go back to another version. Just select the TOT and check "refurbish" in LGUP and let it go to work. This was for my 810 anyway. YMMV with other models so read up.

http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G4/

nickdaman

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I reverted back today to LP from MM as a daily driver I couldn't stand the battery life anymore. Definitely this method works.

jcgc

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
This method worked great but then I had the annoying update notification that kept popping up so I found the fix for that on the XDA forums. I think I am happy again :)

Could you point to the link for that? I haven't taken the 6.0 update and I would like to stop the update reminder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88