Gmail Font SIZE

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to enlarge some text on an outgoing email. Using the Format option, I can change everything except the Font size on some isolated text. I've read all the help articles, but I don't see a way to change the Font Size. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using your phone or the computer to compose your email? How are you changing the text size? (I'm not aware of a way to change the text size in the Gmail app -- these steps say you need to use the desktop interface: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8260)

Is the text that you're unable to adjust something you typed yourself, or something you copy and pasted from elsewhere?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I'm using my phone for Gmail.
When I finish Composing the email, I highlight the text that I want to change as though I was going to Copy /paste. I press FORMAT and the usual format bar displays. I can change the Color, Bold, etc, ibut the large A, which in all the apps I've used, allowed me to change SIZE, now only allows me to CHANGE THE COLOR of the text, not the size.
I haven't tried the Web version because I just wanted to change this specific outgoing email. I've read that I can permanently change the appearance of email, but I'm not interested.
I'll just change what I can in this email and live with it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's the behavior I see as well. Were you able to do this in the Gmail app before? I'm thinking it's a limitation of the app itself, regardless of what you're able to do in other apps.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You may remember I used to use MyMail for email. I went to Gmail because MyMail had a problem with photos. That app had no provision for Formatting text at all. I'll live with the format problem. It's not that important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d