Going to call Sprint and demand 4g credit for the past 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Seems like I am not the only one having issues with 4g on my Evo since that last update. As many are experiencing when you enable 4g it almost toast the phone and makes it drain battery and causes the phone to become on unusable because of the lag it creates.

It makes no sense to me that I am paying extra for a feature that I cannot use and so I will be calling tomorrow and will post an update to what is said.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Good luck with that. You might as well get a petition going. Don't forget to mention the lawsuit between Sprint and cleArwire, about how Sprint doesn't think it should pay clearwire the agreed $5 for device that can't use 4g...

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to rant a little about my 4G service (well, lack thereof) and the $10 added fee...

rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant.....and.....rant, rant, rant...so....rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, dammit man!!

Merry Christmas!

Reactions: doc69

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Lol. It beats Verizon's insane pricing for LIMITED 4g access. Verizon are a bunch of crooks... I'm hope they lose business.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Lol. It beats Verizon's insane pricing for LIMITED 4g access. Verizon are a bunch of crooks... I'm hope they lose business.

Aint that the truth, with at&t running a close second.....I guess i'm one of the fortunate ones because I dont seem to have any troubles with my 4g at all (knock, knock)

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
You might be preaching to the choir. They may give you some sort of credit on your account, but I doubt it’ll be for 3 months worth of 4G data charges. Carriers are growing less and less concerned about customer service.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Good luck and take a number. Millions have complained about this since day one buddy. Where have you been?

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I doubt that you will get a credit because 4g kills your battery, etc., when you have to pay the $10 even if you had no 4g at all.

The $10 is being explained that premier phones simply are used in a more data-centric way. Agree or disagree with that, but they aren't stating that $10 = 4G.

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Good luck with that. You might as well get a petition going. Don't forget to mention the lawsuit between Sprint and cleArwire, about how Sprint doesn't think it should pay clearwire the agreed $5 for device that can't use 4g...

I got a free months of service ($97 credit) because I complained and threatned to cancel my service and move to Verizon. It can be done. I was tired of not having 4g as well.

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will gladly keep paying that fee if they keep the cap off their network. When the day comes that they announce caps, and that day will come, I will be uber pissed. :mad:

thats the day you hope they grandfather you in and keep it free for existing customers and only cap new customers kinda like how ATT did with the iphone 4

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Technically yes..This is why Sprint added the additional 10 bucks per month.

This subject has been discussed numerous times on these forums. And Sprint has said numerous times that the $10 fee is NOT for 4G, its for a rich multimedia phone. The fee is there because you have a device that you will likely use for online multimedia purposes. Hence, using more bandwidth.

So according to Sprint, you're NOT paying for 4G.

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Try the hard reset, that seems to do the trick.

Not sure why anyone thinks the $10 is for 4G after 6 months...we've been aware of it since before the phone came out. I guess everything is relative...the $10 is relatively more expensive than what we used to pay but it is also relatively less expensive than what you would pay on a different carrier and NOT have an Evo.

I am no advocate for greed amongst corporations, but you really have to look at it from Sprint's point of view. The market is bearing that extra fee mainly because the other carriers out there are getting WAY more from their customers. I work for a company in an industry whose rates go up every single January and the major players are always matching each other's rate hikes...all the while the customers have no choice but to pay up.

This $10 per month charge is a pain, but certainly justifiable by Sprint. Seriously, if you don't like it go pay more for Verizon or AT&T.

Reactions: Mdorty
Status
Not open for further replies.