Goodbye Android (nexus 5) hello iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Hey, I didn't call anybody in this thread names. I'm trying to be nice and so far I have been. You have no right to bash my personal decision, just like I have no right to bash yours. Just because I'm switching to ios doesn't make me an "isheep".
That's not the point. It's just that announcing "I'm leaving" sounds a bit trollish. I have switched platforms and products before, but didn't feel the need to go and start a whole thread in a forum about why I'm leaving.

Also, you give no specific examples of why the iOS experience is better. You just say it is smooth. That means nothing. There's no specific issue to discuss, and when there isn't a specific issue to discuss, things tend to take the turn of personal attitudes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Not in my opinion since Apple is the lowest quality phone I have every had with three out of four breaking in 15 months. Never had any cell phone break before I got a Apple or since. As far as I am concerned Apple stole at least $150 from me for a phone that didn't last more than 45 days before it broke and then wanted another $150 to replace it. Apple is a rip off that uses Bling bling marketing to sell a over priced phone. Apple sells one size fits all with a tiny screen and missing so many features my Nexus 5 has that the over priced fruit company doesn't have. Apple is a walled garden with proprietary everything so they can over charge for everything and tries to sue every other phone manufacture out of business. I will never give apple one penny of my money again.
Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean the iPhone is a bad phone or low-quality. Aside from their software, iPhones are some of the best phones you can buy, even if they are small.

Posted via Android Central App

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I hate to make this decision, because I love the android ecosystem. I love how it can do so much more than what ios can. The things I don't like though are really making me angry and making android annoying to use. I've owned an s3, the nexus 5 (which I'm returning) and a few other android phones. Nothing has compared to the simple everything works well hassle free experience of the iPhone. Trust me when you read this, I tried to love my newly obtained nexus 5 as a last ditch effort, I really did. Sadly, things just didn't work out. I want to say farewell to you all, and I hope you enjoy the Nexus 5. I'll still be around helping out in the forums but I'll mostly be on imore now. I want to thank all of you for being so helpful during my android experience with the problems I had, and I'll definitely pay it forward.

-DroidArmy

Well it's like they say....once you've had Mac you don't go back......

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
That's not the point. It's just that announcing "I'm leaving" sounds a bit trollish. I have switched platforms and products before, but didn't feel the need to go and start a whole thread in a forum about why I'm leaving.
I think some people feel a bond with other posters who have helped them and they feel if they just disappear without an explanation that is rude.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean the iPhone is a bad phone or low-quality. Aside from their software, iPhones are some of the best phones you can buy, even if they are small.

Posted via Android Central App

My experience is Apple is junk and ripped me off on every replacement that was so low quality they would only give it a 30 warranty for $150 a pop.

nexusfiver

Banned
Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Thing is simple and works well at the expense of customisation, yet you also have to pay more? What is a 5S like twice as expensive as a nexus 5? That's because you're paying for a brand too...

Seems like if you're paying that much it should do a lot more than just swap some pros and cons. If anything android should be the more expensive one since it does more lol.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
My experience is Apple is junk
You are the only person I have ever heard say that. Even diehard android fans acknowledge the quality of the devices; it's just that we prefer the android ecosystem, greater choices, more customization, ease of root and bigger screens.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Thing is simple and works well at the expense of customisation, yet you also have to pay more? What is a 5S like twice as expensive as a nexus 5? That's because you're paying for a brand too....
It's because Google subsidizes the nexus 5 b/c its main business is search, not hardware like Apple. So comparing the price of the Nexus 5 to the price of the iPhone 5 is comparing apples to oranges.

A better comparison is the Samsung Galaxy S4, which is the same price as the iPhone 5 off contract.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, at least you can honestly say you had two good Android devices and the OS wasn't for you. Don't be a stranger and stop by and say hi once in a while :)

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Not in my opinion since Apple is the lowest quality phone I have every had with three out of four breaking in 15 months. Never had any cell phone break before I got a Apple or since. As far as I am concerned Apple stole at least $150 from me for a phone that didn't last more than 45 days before it broke and then wanted another $150 to replace it. Apple is a rip off that uses Bling bling marketing to sell a over priced phone. Apple sells one size fits all with a tiny screen and missing so many features my Nexus 5 has that the over priced fruit company doesn't have. Apple is a walled garden with proprietary everything so they can over charge for everything and tries to sue every other phone manufacture out of business. I will never give apple one penny of my money again.

you sound like a HUGE android fanboy right now which disgusts me. I know people who have used android for YEARS and even they admit apples devices are top notch. Even if their broken, they can get replaced easily. Happened to my friend just now, upgrades to ios7 and his camera stopped working. called up apple and he got a replacement free of charge.

Apple sells one size fits all with a tiny screen and missing so many features my Nexus 5 has that the over priced fruit company doesn't have.
Just because you don't like a 4 inch screen doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. Even people using android phones don't like big screens sometimes. I have people complaining the n5 was too big and moved to a moto X instead. I will agree with you that apple overprices their stuff however.

Apple is a walled garden with proprietary everything so they can over charge for everything and tries to sue every other phone manufacture out of business.
I see no point in what you're saying here...EVERY COMPANY IS A BUSINESS. ITS THEIR JOB TO MAXIMIZE PROFITS. OF COURSE THEY CAN OVERCHARGE ON WHATEVER THEY WANT. PEOPLE WILL BUY IT. Thats another reason why i do not support apple either. Their ethics are just wrong, in the sense that they continue to patent and sue.

Too each his own. If you don't want to support apple then simple, don't buy their stuff. Just don't go out and give android fans a bad rep because you like to berate others on their opinions. Same goes for the iSheep as well.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
you sound like a HUGE android fanboy right now which disgusts me.
Even if you are right about your fanboy comment, there is nothing to be disgusted about. Fanboys don't have to automatically be disgusting. I know a lot of Apple fanboys who are also perfectly nice people.

I know people who have used android for YEARS and even they admit apples devices are top notch. Even if their broken, they can get replaced easily. Happened to my friend just now, upgrades to ios7 and his camera stopped working. called up apple and he got a replacement free of charge.
That they can get a broken product replaced doesn't make a product top notch. One has nothing to do with the other. And just because you know people who consider Apple top notch doesn't mean everyone has to.

Too each his own. If you don't want to support apple then simple, don't buy their stuff. Just don't go out and give android fans a bad rep because you like to berate others on their opinions.
I think jumping all over someone just because they criticized Apple in a way you don't like also does a disservice to Android fans. It says we're more concerned about sounding nice than tolerating honest opinions. But like you said, to each his own.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't hate any tech company. We all here are tech lovers and any company that makes gadgets that I love and use is fine by me. I myself have all four major OS phones and swap my sim card between them every week. Hell, I still have a WebOS phone too. I couldn't care less about which company is better than the other, I think in my geek mind I would be missing something if I didn't try them all.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
you sound like a HUGE android fanboy right now which disgusts me. I know people who have used android for YEARS and even they admit apples devices are top notch. Even if their broken, they can get replaced easily. Happened to my friend just now, upgrades to ios7 and his camera stopped working. called up apple and he got a replacement free of charge.

Just because you don't like a 4 inch screen doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. Even people using android phones don't like big screens sometimes. I have people complaining the n5 was too big and moved to a moto X instead. I will agree with you that apple overprices their stuff however.

Apple is a ripoff for what they charge for their products.

I see no point in what you're saying here...EVERY COMPANY IS A BUSINESS. ITS THEIR JOB TO MAXIMIZE PROFITS. OF COURSE THEY CAN OVERCHARGE ON WHATEVER THEY WANT. PEOPLE WILL BUY IT. Thats another reason why i do not support apple either. Their ethics are just wrong, in the sense that they continue to patent and sue.

Too each his own. If you don't want to support apple then simple, don't buy their stuff. Just don't go out and give android fans a bad rep because you like to berate others on their opinions. Same goes for the iSheep as well.

I don't buy Apple stuff and I laugh at people that pay $700 for a phone that has a tiny screen that looks like it is a kids phone who think they are showing off with a expensive bling phone. I hate Apple since they ripped me off paying $150 for a replacement phone that didn't last 45 days and then demand another $150 for another i4 that still only had a 30 day warranty. I will tell anyone that has a Apple what I think of their junk products that come with a 30 day warranty.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I think jumping all over someone just because they criticized Apple in a way you don't like also does a disservice to Android fans. It says we're more concerned about sounding nice than tolerating honest opinions. But like you said, to each his own.

lmfao... i even said i hated apple just as much as some other people do. Im not "jumping" all over him because he disgraced Apple at all. Im mad that he completely disregarded OP's opinion and immediately started bashing him and calling him an iSheep. How is what i said a disservice at all?

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I always used iPhone, but now I am waiting for my new Nexus 5.
Last week I sold my iPhone 5. The screen was too small, all I could see was icons, and the only customization Apple offers is changing icons disposition. Not for me anymore, and I LOVE Apple.
Nexus 5 was a great oppurtunity for switching from old to new, from 4" to 5", from icons to widget. At a great price.
IMO, this is the best (and mine) tech configuration:
Phone: Nexus 5
Tablet: iPad mini / iPad Air
Notebook: MacBook Pro.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
lmfao... i even said i hated apple just as much as some other people do. Im not "jumping" all over him because he disgraced Apple at all. Im mad that he completely disregarded OP's opinion and immediately started bashing him and calling him an iSheep. How is what i said a disservice at all?
As I said, you're jumping all over someone because their opinion of Apple differs from yours or the OP's. And now your response to a defense of that opinion is laughing, as if that's a smart thing to do.

You can be mad, seriously, no one cares; you can hate Apple as much as the next guy, and again no one cares. An opinion was offered by someone who has a different opinion of the quality of Apple's products. If you had only taken issue with the "isheep" quote, I wouldn't have said a thing. But you jumped up and down and acted like anyone who holds the opinion that Apple's products are of poor quality is to be dismissed. In response to 'isheep', you called someone a 'fanboy.' You are doing what you are accusing the person you are lashing out at of doing.

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
to each his own. to me it was just about choosing an ecosystem and staying in it. i.e., buy things in itunes or buy things in google play - cuz they won't transfer over if/when you do.

i personally never understood the "complexities" of android, because i started with android, so everything is just "normal" to me. I can understand how someone starting on the other side would feel the same way. I'm sure if I tried an iphone out for longer than the brief moments I have had, there are things that would confuse me that I ultimately wouldn't get used to

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
An opinion was offered by someone who has a different opinion of the quality of Apple's products.
Opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one. But an opinion that is in direct contradiction to ascertainable facts, is just ignorant.

Take at look at specs - nothing junk about iPhones and to say they are junk is ridiculous. But they are locked down and do have a smaller screen but it is a great small screen, has a great camera, and works great as a phone. Yet I prefer android. I can do what I want with it and can get a phone with a big screen.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one. But an opinion that is in direct contradiction to ascertainable facts, is just ignorant.

Take at look at specs - nothing junk about iPhones and to say they are junk is ridiculous. But they are locked down and do have a smaller screen but it is a great small screen, has a great camera, and works great as a phone. Yet I prefer android. I can do what I want with it and can get a phone with a big screen.
But specs aren't everything, nor do you get to tell someone else what they should consider when making a personal judgment about a product. They have had bad experiences, they consider the product sub-par. That opinion is not invalid. They said nothing contrary to facts. The overall judgment on product quality is a matter of opinion, not facts. That the iPhone 5S has a metal unibody is a fact - but whether it is "junk" or "awesome" is a matter of opinion. That it is a high res small screen is a fact, but whether that is "great" or "terrible" is a matter of opinion. That it has an 8MP f/2.2 aperture camera is a fact - whether someone likes the quality of pictures taken by that camera is entirely upto that someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFG