Google Nexus 5 - Hangouts Sending Twice :'(

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hangouts keeps sending messages twice and i don't know how to fix this. It is very annoying because my friends get angry because i always send twice. Is their a fix for this or Google just has to update it?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Hangouts Sending Twice :'(

Hangouts keeps sending messages twice and i don't know how to fix this. It is very annoying because my friends get angry because i always send twice. Is their a fix for this or Google just has to update it?

Do you have another messaging app installed such as Go Sms? If you do then that may be the issue. This usually occurs when you have another messaging app. If this is the case than try uninstalling the third party messaging app.

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Do you have another messaging app installed such as Go Sms? If you do then that may be the issue. This usually occurs when you have another messaging app. If this is the case than try uninstalling the third party messaging app.
No just hangouts nothing else.

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

This keeps happening for me does anyone figure out how to stop this yet?

Not sure why this is happening for your setup. I travel a lot for my job, and use hangouts exclusively to send messages to the wife, and this hasn't happened for me. I haven't counted the amount of texts I've sent with this phone so far, but it's in the hundreds.

My point of this response is that it likely isn't a system wide problem happening to everyone, and may be a software conflict of some sort on your phone.

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

i have no clue i haven't changed anything on mu nexus 5 since i got it. But this is not just me because their are a lot of people talking about this issue but no fix yet.

SeanJamesWright

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem as friends would tell me they were receiving my texts twice. What I didn't realise is as I was sending the SMS I would quickly close the app as it was still sending out of habit to which the SMS would go into some sort of outbox and send it again automatically once it found signal without it showing. Now I wait on the app until it says it has sent and then close the app to which is now sends just the once without a hitch.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem as friends would tell me they were receiving my texts twice. What I didn't realise is as I was sending the SMS I would quickly close the app as it was still sending out of habit to which the SMS would go into some sort of outbox and send it again automatically once it found signal without it showing. Now I wait on the app until it says it has sent and then close the app to which is now sends just the once without a hitch.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App
That is what i do exactly i should wait till it says sent and then close it. Thanks for the tip i will try it out.

Sampersand

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
So I have this problem on my HTC ONE M8 as well…
It seems to be the problem that the standard texting app ("berichten") is causing this, even though I have force-quit that app. Having no intention of rooting my device & deleting the default texting app, this REALLY SUCKS… :'(

Does ANYONE have a solution?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lumen