Google Nexus 6 Still really lost in the OS.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE Lollipop but I feel like I'm still REALLY lost in Lollipop. Does anyone else feel this way. I mean I know how to do all of the "basic" things, but you can just tell that most of them I'm not doing the optimal way.

For example, I still have a lot of trouble with the Lock Screen Notification. Maybe I'm trying to use them like I did on my Maxx but if you couch them, the phone is still locked and they become colorful and go to the top of the screen. After I swipe them away, the screen doesn't go back to sleep quickly. I have to reach back over and manually put it back to sleep.

This is just ONE of a ton of other things that I'm sure that I'm overlooking and just misusing. IDK. I realize that there are tutorial videos but I still feel lost. Anyone else?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Still really lost in the OS.

How long is it staying awake? Once you expand your notifications on the lockscreen, the normal screen timeout that you selected in the settings will take over. So if you normally have the phone set to go to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity, the lockscreen notifications will remain on for 1 minute before sleeping. I just tested this and confirmed it.

Lollipop is a pretty major update, but even with that, I think a lot of KitKat has remained. It's not as big a jump as from Gingerbread to ICS, I think. I'm sure you'll get used to it very quickly.