Google Play Music App showing duplicates that don't exist

bassthumpa

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys, hope someone can help with this. I'm seeing duplicate songs on my Google Play music app, and only on the android app. There are no duplicate files listed in my online account via the website, and these are songs that show up when I have the app sent to display only the songs stored locally. If you try to play one of these songs, an error says "Couldn't play the track you requested" and it will do this endlessly as it keeps running into the next track. None of my uploaded files are designated to be kept locally on the device.

I tired formatting USB storage and removing the external SD card altogether, clearing the app cache and files, and reinstalling the app itself (which can't be done, I can only regress to the previous version). The only thing that seems to work is the go one by one, song by song, and delete the non-existent songs from the app, which sucks because you can ONLY do it a song at a time. I don't have the patience to do that... there has to be a way to completely clear the app and it's files from my phone so it's forced to start from scratch.

Any ideas?

ofteno

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Enter each storage and search for the
.nomedia files then delete all of them, reboot or rescan and that should work :)

Sent from Holy Terra using CM10 by epinter for Atrix

bassthumpa

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried that and found nothing... However, I opened another music player and it saw the same Phantom files. Fortunately that player allowed me to delete the files in one shot and that took care of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huangsenyuan