Google Play Music can't download right now

RussJ5239

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Collin, your solution worked for me too. As a long time computer user I should have known to restart the program/app as a first step.

Flavio76

May 3, 2015
Visit site
2016, and I had the exact same problem, with a S7 and a 64g sd card with lots of space available

second time , one per month... FORCE STOP solved, at least temporarily the issue

prd730

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the problem where one playlist won't fully download, like it gets stuck on one song or something. Tried switching both wi-fi on/off - they're always off though because nothing will download otherwise. (Seems to be a Google app problem because Photos also has issues backing up if the wi-fi option is selected.) Anyway, I've deleted and re-downloaded the playlist multiple times, but it always hangs and keeps trying to download. It's a big issue because it'll sit there trying to download forever and kill the battery as a result. Wish there was an easy way to find the offending song and remove it from the playlist.

Other weird thing is if I delete it and start over, it will say Download Complete - even though the orange circle and checkmark aren't there, and it still has a partially filled circle with the download icon. And if I go to Manage Downloads, it'll start downloading again and stay at 0% progress forever. Frustrating.

oldarney

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Try Manually downloading the songs by enabling auto cache, playing the song, and letting it finish buffering. Setting the quality to the same should speed things up.

That slowly increases my downloaded count and should help me get to the bottom of the issue.

lowfat32

Jan 6, 2019
Visit site
As this thread pops up as one of the first results for Google Play Music download errors. I'm going to put my solution to the issue. None of the above issues would fix it.

Start by downloading the playlist, when it stops downloading. Put GPM in to offline mode and find the songs that won't play. Take it out of offline mode and play those songs. It then continues. Rinse and repeat until the playlist finishes. I've had to do it 5-6 times for my libary.