Gorilla glass

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm super careful with my phone. I've never dropped the Thunderbolt but the other day my boss dropped it. Lucky for him it was on carpet. It still hurt to see it fall out of his hands and land on the carpet. :-(

Same here as far as never dropping the phone. I don't let anyone, I mean anyone touch my phone! I've actually blocked a co-worker and my boss once from trying to pick it up. Personally, I think it's disrespectful to even consider it without asking you first. Even if they ask, you're fully within your right to say NO! Besides the risk of dropping it, I also don't want their finger grease on my screen! :mad:

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea, it's clearly listed on Corning's website. It's definitely a resilient screen, I dropped mine while running and it slid screen first on concrete. I expected it to be completely messed up, but it only has one small scratch that you can only see in the right light.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here as far as never dropping the phone. I don't let anyone, I mean anyone touch my phone! I've actually blocked a co-worker and my boss once from trying to pick it up. Personally, I think it's disrespectful to even consider it without asking you first. Even if they ask, you're fully within your right to say NO! Besides the risk of dropping it, I also don't want their finger grease on my screen! :mad:

Easy....easy, now SLOWLY, step away from the coffee.
Jk, I kinda agree :)

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The only phone that Verizon has that has the GG is the Motorola RAZR that I have heard of. I was never led to believe that the TBolt had the GG....wish it did. I think on my next phone, that will be the only MAJOR requirement for me. I am not super rough on my phone, but I have not yet met one person that have has never dropped there phone. If the GG gives that little extra protection from what would be a otherwise typcial drop that would crack other screens.....I am all in with the GG.

Verizon phones that have been released with Gorilla Glass:

Droid Eris, Droid Incredible, Droid Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Trophy, Ally, Devour, Droid, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid 3, Droid Bionic, Droid Pro, Droid RAZR, Droid X, Droid X2, Continuum, Fascinate, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Stratosphere

Yeah... the RAZR was the *only* device on Verizon to ever have Gorilla Glass...

If you are super rough on your phone, then you should look into a G'zOne solution or maybe the Droid RAZR if its as durable as it seems like it could be... just Gorilla Glass is not going to be enough. Gorilla Glass is scratch and crack resistant, not proof.

Last edited:

JerseyDubbin

Open Source For Life!
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
In most cases a screen protector and solid case will take care of anything you can throw at your phone (unless you are actually throwing it). I am very rough on my phones, travel a lot, throw it in bags all the time. No scratches, cracks, or marks in the case or phone.

Preventative Maintenance.

Dilpickle1

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
The only phone that Verizon has that has the GG is the Motorola RAZR that I have heard of. I was never led to believe that the TBolt had the GG....wish it did. I think on my next phone, that will be the only MAJOR requirement for me. I am not super rough on my phone, but I have not yet met one person that have has never dropped there phone. If the GG gives that little extra protection from what would be a otherwise typcial drop that would crack other screens.....I am all in with the GG.

I've never dropped my phone.

My LG Ally, Zune HD, Droid Incredible, HTC Thunderbolt and HTC Trophy have all had Gorilla glass...

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
twindragons -thanks for that. I was wondering why this thread existed under Thunderbolt Forums for tha tvery reason.

Reading the posts was starting to make my blood boil tho because I started to wonder if the T-Bolt DID have gorilla glass. Something that was going to , frankly, piss me off because my T-Bolt just shatttered falling out of my pocket.

Glad to know I don't have to go strangle somebody for false advertising- lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord