Got rid of this phone 3 times, why do I want #4?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So long story short, I've had 3 Nexus phones since launch.

#1 bought day one, had terrible screen banding.

sent it back after a week, went back to my iPhone

In February, I tried it again...#2 had screen burn in, and #3 had about 6 dead black pixels in the middle of the screen...sent it back and got an iPhone 4S March 1st.

Now, I just don't like the iPhone anymore (i have the new iPad, so it's all the apple i need). I have a few upgrades available, and I really want the Nexus again. I WAS waiting for the 16GB version so I didn't have to pay $300, but with nothing more than rumors that have come and gone, I am stuck.

In theory, the Nexus really only has to be a placeholder for either the GS3, or if VZW gets the Note.

Am I stupid for wanting to try #4, or should I just give up and wait?

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
On number one.

Get it. All it takes is one good device and your set. It can be your next one. Although I do agree that that is ridiculous that you have to go through that many phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
If screen issues were all you were having....consider yourself lucky. I wouldnt have exchanged it at all if everything else was working fine.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
yeah, i know...i could've lived with #1...but it's too late

i guess i'm going to go another week or two before i make the decision...still holding out for the cheaper white nexus, or maybe even a price drop

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't get any other phone, but mine has been perfect since launch day. It's rooted and ROM'd, but why else would you get a Nexus?

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't get it, I'm on number 3. Two had bad screens all have had the mic issue. The one I'm on the screen isn't perfect. It has a dark shadow line down the middle of the screen on white backgrounds. Samsungs quality control is the worst, stick with the iphone before you get a broken android phone.

coolpher

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I am on #2 but I exchanged number one within the holiday exchange period so #1 and #2 were both NEW in box from VZW I am running the leak of 4.0.4 from February world perfect Love GNexus

coolpher

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
QUOTE=greydarrah;1692580]I wouldn't get any other phone, but mine has been perfect since launch day. It's rooted and ROM'd, but why else would you get a Nexus?[/QUOTE]
I agree

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm on phone #1 from launch day and honestly I have not had ANY screen/signal/data issues.
Its disconcerting to hear about how many of you guys have problems. Clearly Samsung does have quality control issues.
I don't know how one would go about getting one, but there are gnex's out there that are impeccable. Keep trying to exchange and get lucky perhaps?
This is the happiest I've ever been with a phone...the thing is awesome, especially rooted and custom rommed. :)

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't do it, get something else. IMO the people who return them for dead screen pixels (some other person returned like 7 of some phone) shouldn't try again. The iPhone is a good phone, keep it. Or get that big Samsung ham sandwich table/phone. It's the size of a baggie.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't do it, get something else. IMO the people who return them for dead screen pixels (some other person returned like 7 of some phone) shouldn't try again. The iPhone is a good phone, keep it. Or get that big Samsung ham sandwich table/phone. It's the size of a baggie.

I returned for a dead pixel (in a certified like new device), tried again, and got what seems like a great device.

Pengwn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm on phone #1 from launch day and honestly I have not had ANY screen/signal/data issues.
Its disconcerting to hear about how many of you guys have problems. Clearly Samsung does have quality control issues.
I don't know how one would go about getting one, but there are gnex's out there that are impeccable. Keep trying to exchange and get lucky perhaps?
This is the happiest I've ever been with a phone...the thing is awesome, especially rooted and custom rommed. :)

Same here.. Got mine launch day and have yet to have a single issue with this phone. It really is too bad to hear people are having issues when it really is an amazing phone.

hacks

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
It was definitely hard for me to make up my mind about buying the Gnex. I did do my research before hand and found a ton of happy peeps and a ton of un happy ones as well. I consider myself one of the lucky ones I guess. I love this phone. Absolutely no issues at all. 4 g is a lil weak at home. Nbd.. wifi at home fixes that minor prob. I do agree that its a game of chance from what I'm hearing. This phone was made to root. If you can't cause of your employers... Sucks to be you. For all you Iphone jumpers cause of your bad luck with the gnex... boo. No apple devices are aloud in my house. I sold my daughters iPod after I realized apple is useless for any help at all. Bought her a Samsung galaxy player.5.0. She loves it compared to gaypod. Sorry. Ran off subject. Apple hater. Asus transformer prime kicks butt also.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
1. It's allowed not aloud
2. You took away your child's toy and sold it?
3. Gaypod? Really?

Seriously. How old is this guy? Seems like he's the father on one of those 16 and pregnant shows. And then he ends it with a statement about a tablet that is also completely irrelevant. You're the kind of fanboy that even us Android users hate.

hacks

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Wasn't looking for all the hatred. Btw I sold the iPod after replacing the screen on it. So i am a bad dad after buying her a new device while her ipod is broken. She liked the galaxy player better than the ipod. So i joke and say no apple devices are allowed in my house. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has run off subject in here. Least I'm not crying in this forum like most people.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord