GPE Conversion: Battery Life is Excellent

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Converted to my M8 to GPE this weekend and have been impressed with battery life since.

Today I tested, and the results are excellent. And this even with bad signal, since GPE radio not very good on T-Mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 778.jpg
    778.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 779.jpg
    779.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 64

allroy75

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Looks good. About what I'm getting with Viper 2.5 and elemental x. I do however wish my signal meter looked even half that good.......

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty impressive. I have always used Viper but I never got such stats before. I may give GPE a try but probably using MultiROM. You are running completely stock GPE with no root, correct?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
That actually doesn't look very good. I get 4 hours on screen time with a stock carrier version M7. 5-7 hours on screen time is what I would want out of an M8.
This is what I got yesterday.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-22-13-50-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-22-13-50-44.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 28

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
That actually doesn't look very good. I get 4 hours on screen time with a stock carrier version M7. 5-7 hours on screen time is what I would want out of an M8.
This is what I got yesterday.

Huh? Your screenshot says less than three hours screen time and you used 80%. That's about where I would have been at 80%.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Look below that. I average 4 hours on screen time and the most I ever got was over 7 hours and that is from a previous generation phone with a smaller battery running a stock OS carrier version. You are basically getting what I am. M8's with excellent battery life are getting 6-7 screen on hours on average GPE version or not.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
@neo905 screen on time is not the only factor, however, because sync, GPS, data, etc. also contribute a huge amount to either a good or a bad battery life, so both of you are getting great battery lives, in my honest opinion. I never used a GPE ROM long enough in order to determine which system gave me a better battery life, but I always had a feeling Sense did. Maybe I should use GPE for a week and see.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Look below that. I average 4 hours on screen time and the most I ever got was over 7 hours and that is from a previous generation phone with a smaller battery running a stock OS carrier version. You are basically getting what I am. M8's with excellent battery life are getting 6-7 screen on hours on average GPE version or not.

You write as if screen on time is the only measure.

allroy75

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Screen time is a pretty good measurement. Anyone can turn everything off and let the phone sit for 2 days and tout that. It's a pretty good indicator of real life useage. Then again, you could disable everything and sit in a darkened room with the screen all the way down and claim that too. My Verizon m8 is rooted, s-off, running viper 2.5, elementalx kernel and I'm getting around 5 hours a charge with normal use (text, surfing, fb,blinkfeed, location on, etc)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melseywag