boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I just turned in my Note 7 today and got the S7 Edge. The only thing I am missing from the N7 is the Grace UX, and I read that this was available as a software update on this device now? I don't seem to have an available update though. Anybody know anything about this?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
My guess is Samsung is now working on the Nougat update for the S7E, and we won't see anything other than security patches until that's done. I would expect Grace to be part of the Nougat update.

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Looking at Samsung's history who knows?

The S6 released a few months after the Note 4.

The Note 4 never even got the "full" TouchWiz (Nature's 5.0 I think it was) regardless of its flagship status.

Eventually it received a watered down version.

If Grace doesn't make it to the S7 / S7E, I wouldn't be surprised.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
In my experience, my last phone was a Note 2, and my brother had an S3. The Note 2 launched with features like MultiWindow, and it came to the S3 with a December update. My guess is that everything the Note 7 has that does not need an S Pen will make it to the S7 siblings in a future update. I believe the argument for the Note 4 and S6 comes with the fact that they are separate generations of phones. The S6 and Note 5 are the 2015 generation, and the Note 4 and S5 are 2014, so naturally they don't want to give too much to the past generation to boost sales of the newer ones. In this year's case, the S7 and S7E are likely needed to do even better considering the problems with the Note 7, to help them recuperate.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Does Grace UX include the new always on display with the extra notifications? If so, we need it on SE7 for sure.

I am on the edge from the Note7 until I can get the Note7 back. I have the always on screen on the edge so am confused why others aren't.

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I am on the edge from the Note7 until I can get the Note7 back. I have the always on screen on the edge so am confused why others aren't.

the Note7 AOD supports more notifications than the version on the S7. so, yes, we have the AOD, it's just not as feature rich.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

The AOD on the S7/E is pointless. I'd say a lot more people will use it when it updates to give more notifications like the Note.