Group messages on the note 5

reelon

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi there! moved from an iphone to the note 5, the only problem is that I don't get messages from the people with iphones on group messages , individually I can. Anyone have experience with is? A solution? DI'd turn off iMessage before switching and checked it again on the website. Is this a problem with all android phones or just the note 5?
Thanks

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
It may not be the iPhone at all. It depends on how your carrier handles group (MMS) messaging. Not all carriers offer the ability to use the type of group messaging where the conversation happens in a single thread like on the iPhone. Some only offer the ability to send the same message to multiple recipients at once, but not receive responses back in the same thread, rather each message comes back in a separate(individual) thread. I know that you can do the "iPhone style" group messaging on AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint in the US. It doesn't work the same on all carriers. After you've confirmed that all your settings are set correctly, you might want to check with someone else using an Android phone on your carrier to see if they can do it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

reelon

May 24, 2011
Visit site
no it's actually a problem with iPhones. you need to turn off iMessage or you'll be screwed over

That's what I thought. I did turn off imessage and facetime, logout from icloud on the phone, check with apple website and it is not connected.

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Well let's make sure that the note 5 settings are correct. Open up Messages, tap More, tap More Settings, go to Multimedia, make sure Group conversation and Auto retrieve are both on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha