Group MMS fixed in Android 9.0

poit57

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I flashed the UK firmware as soon as I got my phone to enable the fingerprint sensor. The biggest issue I've had is that the stock Messages app had the option for group MMS removed so that it could only send mass texts where all replies came in individual conversations. It required a third-party app installed to be able to send group MMS, so I've been using Yaata nearly the entire time I've had my XZ Premium.

I contacted support earlier this year about this issue. Sony said it was a known issue in some of their firmware and that they were looking correcting it in future releases.

I received a notification that a system update was available just before I went to bed last night (approximately 1.5 GB download). I started the install and awoke to Android 9 this morning. The first thing I did was check the Messages app. It looks like the support rep I spoke with was correct, at least for the UK firmware. The Group MMS option is now available in the settings, and shows the following in my last conversation when I switched the setting.

groupmms.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884