[Guide] How to root your myTouch 4G

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Extra frustrated...

I ran this after DL'ing the files listed above to no avail, root doesn't seem to stick. Also, phone almost re-boots itself after Temprooting with Visionary. Running 2.2.1, Software Number 1.17.531.2. Any help will be appreciated!!

It's very possible that your phone has a bad eMMC chip set. In that case i would advise against rooting the phone.

Please reference my thread @ XDA. Newcomers please read me, a helpful little guide - xda-developers

Reactions: Syer One

dlnielse#AC

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
For people trying to root the MT4G I would recommend following the current process posted in the wiki at : HTC Glacier: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki This has a method that seems solid and worked for me yesterday, I was on the stock GB T-Mobile rom. I had been using CM7 previously as well as trying out a few other roms and had gone back to the stock rom to check it out and then didn't have time to do anything else. The stock rom is pretty solid but I'm a tweaker at heart and finally had time to get back into custom rom surfing...

alicia.johnson

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to use the Wiki guide you posted and I downloaded the shell but I get a 404 error when I tried downloading Busybox and the other files except for clockwork mod. Anyone have any ideas of where I can find these files or what I can do? Thanks!

kkenano

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I Followed The Steps and after i Temp Root i go to terminal emu, and type in su and it says Permission Denied... i try Root Browser & astro and they dont let me run Root.ssh HELP:(

jeff_yeom

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey so i rooted my mytouch 4g but almost every rom doesn't run properly for me. I don't like the rooted phone personally. How would I go about unrooting the mytouch? Do i follow the instructions on the very bottom of your instructions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CsPerry