Handcent, does it work?

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
So let me get this straight: Handcent makes the thread sort of look like the iPhone's SMS app, with the bubble things for each person? I like that look (my wife has an iPhone). I also like the iPhone's notification of new txts on the homescreen. Does Handcent do that too? Just curious.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So let me get this straight: Handcent makes the thread sort of look like the iPhone's SMS app, with the bubble things for each person? I like that look (my wife has an iPhone). I also like the iPhone's notification of new txts on the homescreen. Does Handcent do that too? Just curious.

There is a pop up notification available as well. You can even respond to the message via the pop up if I recall correctly.

Sent from my GNex with Tapatalk.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes just go into settings there are a whole settings to mess with
There is a pop up notification available as well. You can even respond to the message via the pop up if I recall correctly.

Sent from my GNex with Tapatalk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

stereo_system

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
+1 For Handcent use. I've used it since the days of my Incredible 1. I use it on the Nexus because of the customization options. There are so many options it's not even funny.
I use the Darkness theme to keep battery use low. The LED customization actually works. You can set set colors and flash speed contact specifically. If you hate the pop ups, disable them. I tried GoSMS for a while, but ended up back with Handcent for a reason I now forget.

FWIW, I have had no compatibility issues with the application and the device/OS. I'm running AOKP Milestone 4, and francokernel 3.0.8 milestone 1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

stereo_system

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Yes, and you can separately customize the colors of incoming/outgoing bubbles, backgrounds, fonts, etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk