Has the One X already lost steam?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same. Great phone overall. Another plus I found is the 1080p looks better than my iPad 3rd gen when recording vids.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: kkapoorr

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Haha. There's a lot of good reasons being given, but kind of deviates from the point of the thread. Why is the average consumer (99% of sales) not buying this phone and creating an online presence? Why is HTC hurting in sales and posting drastic profit decreases in their financial statements? People don't care about roms or hacking or even updates. They don't know what jelly bean is. They don't care. If AT&T or whoever pushes an update and annoys them on their phone, they push yes. You think they can tell the difference between Sense 3.5 and 4.0? Gingerbread and ICS? The supernerds and picky might, but I personally see no difference between stock ICS, touchwiz, and sense. I like Sense because of the pretty colors and themes, and think stock ICS is ugly. If stock ICS used the same wallpaper and themes as Sense by default, I would like it. I'm not the go and find wallpapers and root my phone to install themes sort of person. The stock experience on their phones is pretty much what you are selling to consumers and what they are buying, not what it WILL be or CAN be.

And I don't really care much about the sales of the HOX since I'm not their CEO. But I do want updates, speed improvements, and bugs fixed, and a non-selling phone usually gets the shaft when allotting resources. Some of the older or more obscure HTC phones are playing the cat and mouse game of whether or not they will even get ICS right now.

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Kinda does. Spending 30 seconds on the xda one x Dev threads and determining that nothing's going on with the one x is kinda fail.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

there are plenty of active ROMs on xda and they are working on getting s-off. when kernel source comes out more things will be possible. what exactly are you looking for that isn't there...

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Haha. There's a lot of good reasons being given, but kind of deviates from the point of the thread. Why is the average consumer (99% of sales) not buying this phone and creating an online presence? Why is HTC hurting in sales and posting drastic profit decreases in their financial statements? People don't care about roms or hacking or even updates. They don't know what jelly bean is. They don't care. If AT&T or whoever pushes an update and annoys them on their phone, they push yes. You think they can tell the difference between Sense 3.5 and 4.0? Gingerbread and ICS? The supernerds and picky might, but I personally see no difference between stock ICS, touchwiz, and sense. I like Sense because of the pretty colors and themes, and think stock ICS is ugly. If stock ICS used the same wallpaper and themes as Sense by default, I would like it. I'm not the go and find wallpapers and root my phone to install themes sort of person. The stock experience on their phones is pretty much what you are selling to consumers and what they are buying, not what it WILL be or CAN be.

And I don't really care much about the sales of the HOX since I'm not their CEO. But I do want updates, speed improvements, and bugs fixed, and a non-selling phone usually gets the shaft when allotting resources. Some of the older or more obscure HTC phones are playing the cat and mouse game of whether or not they will even get ICS right now.

"People don't Care about Roms, or even updates" "I want updates"

Okay, then buddy.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
there are plenty of active ROMs on xda and they are working on getting s-off. when kernel source comes out more things will be possible. what exactly are you looking for that isn't there...

Oh , I thought you were saying nothing was going on with the the one x on xda. I'm not looking for anything that isn't there, I think the xda one x Roms and community is great.

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh , I thought you were saying nothing was going on with the the one x on xda. I'm not looking for anything that isn't there, I think the xda one x Roms and community is great.

that sir, was my point all along :). sure we could have 2-3 pages of ROMs and kernels in the dev section but the majority of them would basically the same ROM with a different theme and this or that apk added/removed. the HOX dev community is and will be just fine OP.

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Your argument went south when you said "but if you are rooted".

99.44% of people aren't rooted, and never will be.
Even the vast majority of AC readers aren't rooted.
If a phone has to be rooted in order to compete it will never be top dog.

That said, I love my international HOX which is still unrooted.

Where did you get that statistic? lol

thyrdrail

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
does anyone know how many one x's have sold so far?

i REALLY want this phone but stupid t-mobile doesnt carry it and i dont want to switch to att as tmobile plans are cheaper and i love my plan. the one x is clearly the superior phone over galaxy s3 in terms of design and build quality and from what i read comparable to s3 in various categories & benchmarks. one x comes ahead in some and s3 in others. but the one x is one GORGEOUS phone - looks even better than the iphone 4s - and to me looks are everything. s3 is cheap looking, ugly, and conventional. who wants a toyota when you can look good in a benz? and the one x is the benz. fact.

it's unfortunate that samsung has the edge over htc in distribution cuz s3 is sold on all carriers. and samsung spends a fortune on marketing. i wish htc can increase their marketing budget and splurge more on slick commercials/print ads/events. great marketing definitely helps.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know how many one x's have sold so far?

i REALLY want this phone but stupid t-mobile doesnt carry it and i dont want to switch to att as tmobile plans are cheaper and i love my plan. the one x is clearly the superior phone over galaxy s3 in terms of design and build quality and from what i read comparable to s3 in various categories & benchmarks. one x comes ahead in some and s3 in others. but the one x is one GORGEOUS phone - looks even better than the iphone 4s - and to me looks are everything. s3 is cheap looking, ugly, and conventional. who wants a toyota when you can look good in a benz? and the one x is the benz. fact.

it's unfortunate that samsung has the edge over htc in distribution cuz s3 is sold on all carriers. and samsung spends a fortune on marketing. i wish htc can increase their marketing budget and splurge more on slick commercials/print ads/events. great marketing definitely helps.

Actually the the at&t stock One X runs more like a Toyota and the S3 runs like the Benz. I'm beginning to wonder if HTC even knows how to make a Sense based phone that doesn't lag. I'll agree with you that the One X does look better but to me the S3 doesn't look bad.

thyrdrail

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually the the at&t stock One X runs more like a Toyota and the S3 runs like the Benz. I'm beginning to wonder if HTC even knows how to make a Sense based phone that doesn't lag. I'll agree with you that the One X does look better but to me the S3 doesn't look bad.

actually toyota is more superior and reliable than the benz in quality so that's even better. and from some reviews i read sense outranks touchwiz. but like i said the reviews for both phones are comparable. galaxy s3 looks horrible; the design regressed back 10 years and it looks/feels cheap like every review/consumer says.

Reactions: anon(26204)

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
actually toyota is more superior and reliable than the benz in quality so that's even better. and from some reviews i read sense outranks touchwiz. but like i said the reviews for both phones are comparable. galaxy s3 looks horrible; the design regressed back 10 years and it looks/feels cheap like every review/consumer says.

Speaking as someone who returned a one s and played with a one x, the galaxy s doesn't look or feel cheap. It feels lightweightbut well built.

Not much of a difference between sense and touch wiz.

And what's ugly about the s3?

It's slim, sexy, and sleek.

Very good looking phone

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S WII on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

S3 is more like a Hyundai, inside looks good but still cheap

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Speaking as someone who returned a one s and played with a one x, the galaxy s doesn't look or feel cheap. It feels lightweightbut well built.

Not much of a difference between sense and touch wiz.

And what's ugly about the s3?

It's slim, sexy, and sleek.

Very good looking phone

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S WII on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

From the owner of both, the S3 looks/feels kind cheap. It feels alright in the hand besides the glossy caseback, but it looks cheap, especially compared to the One X. My S3 looks a little better than most as I replaced the plastic caseback with a brushed aluminum one. Dosen't mess with the reception, I highly recommend it. If only it had a real metal bezel it would almost be nice.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
It's kind of interesting Toyota, Benz, analogies. Their both great phones, but the truth of the.matter is, look at the forum responses.
It clearly dispells any witch brews, there are a lot more problems on the S-3 than the OneX. The OneX is clearly superior in Display, Hardware and stability.
Sure the S-3 has alot of hocus pocus on it, but the truth will set you free.
I drive a 2012 Camry Hybrid, I fueled 3 weeks ago, I get 54 mpg average. My neighbor just bought a Acura ILX. Premium fuel and $60.00+ to fuel, he cries, I laugh.
I have a great deal of gratitude towards staffing from A/C and many experienced users here on the forum that helped me make my Choice.
I love my OneX, with its few glitches it has, The One X hasn't cooled off, it's still a hot topic it's just more stable than the S-3. It's like a Rock- it's all subjective, A/C, don't leave home without it, that's not subjective that's a fact!

Reactions: erwaso

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Haha the reason why no one is talking about the One X is that it has less problems with its hardware and software haha

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Haha the reason why no one is talking about the One X is that it has less problems with its hardware and software haha

This is true most the time. People come online about their phone/tablet/car to ask questions, find a fix for problems and to check for new updates/hacks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums