Have to press bluetooth icon three times during call to connect. to headset

cd8211

Aug 16, 2021
Visit site
I have a Samsung S20+ through T-Mobile and a Plantronics Savi 740 bluetooth headset that I use together frequently. I can play music through the headset and make and take calls. The only issue is that when making or taking a call I have to press the Bluetooth icon three times during the call before the headset will connect. I'm wondering if there is a way to force the phone to use the headset as a default anytime it is connected through bluetooth. It seems to work this way automatically when connected to my car's bluetooth.

Using Android 11 with the most recent Samsung updates. Please let me know what further information you might need.

Any help would be appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have any other Bluetooth devices nearby that might be competing with the headset for calls, like maybe a Samsung watch?

cd8211

Aug 16, 2021
Visit site
Tested with the FitBit disconnected and still has the same issue. Confirmed Bluetooth shows only one device (the headset) connected.

cd8211

Aug 16, 2021
Visit site
Resetting the headset seems to have helped. Still not perfect, but faster reaction than before. I'll mess around in the Hub software to see if I can find an option for it. There seems to be quite a lot of settings available.

Thank you