Having problems with the music app. Please help!

nicoles0927

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I had my music app (the one that was already on the phone when I got it) on the main screen, then one day I noticed the icon had changed and it wouldn't let me open it up. So I go to my apps and the music icon is not there anymore so I tried to go to "connected media" and then try to open up my music from there but it says "The application Connected Media (process com.htc.connectedMedia) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I haven't done anything that would mess it up and I don't use it very often. Also, all of my songs that I had are still on the Go SMS Pro app that I use so the songs are still on my phone but WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MUSIC APP?! Please let me know what could have happened to it and if there is anyway to get it back. Thanks.

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Nothing a lil factory reset won't fix, I'm pretty sure at least. Other than that I'm not sure what other options you'd have.

nicoles0927

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
How do I do a factory reset? I know how to get around on my phone but I don't know about all the technical stuff. And when I do it, will I lose everything on my phone like pics and vids?

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
How do I do a factory reset? I know how to get around on my phone but I don't know about all the technical stuff. And when I do it, will I lose everything on my phone like pics and vids?

You can do it by going under Settings > Storage and choosing Factory Data Reset. And you will lose whatever is on the phone itself, not SD Card. So as long as your pics/vids are on the card, they'll stay. As a tip, make sure you back up your contacts and apps to help get your phone back to normal faster after the reset.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
This is a known bug in the gingerbread build of sense for this phone. You will loose certain apps as time goes by. HTC and VZW are both aware and HTC swears there is a fix coming. Who knows when that will actually be. One could hope they are prepping a build for this phone with Sense 3.0 or better and that should fix it because those devices aren't having this problem. A factory re-set will bring it back. You can just install another music app and use it as well. You may loose other apps as well. The most common have been the clock and the photos. You can download an app called anycut and re-create the shortcuts that are dying out. My recommendation, and you can take it for what it is worth, is to go into settings under the privacy tab and be sure that auto back-up and restore are both turned on. Go to the sync tab under settings and sync all accounts. Go to the people app and export your contacts to the SD card. (this can be skipped if you have all your contacts saved as google contacts or if you are using Verizon's back-up manager. However if you aren't sure then just do it anyway it can always be deleted later if you don't need it) Then when you are sure all of your accounts have synced go into the storage tab in settings and choose factory data re-set. It will probably ask if you want to format the SD card as well. Say NO. Then wait for it to re-boot and begin setting your phone up again just like you did when you got it. As you are setting it up be sure to turn on automatically back up and restore my device. It will be an option just after you get signed into your Google account. Once you are to the main home screen after set up be sure you have a wi-fi connection. If you give it enough time any saved wi-fi connections you have on your phone should be restored. Then once you are sure you are running on wi-fi click open the market. Agree to the terms and conditions of the market. click menu and select my apps. there you should see the list of apps you had installed and them all beginning to download. If you use the Amazon market as well you will have to re-download it and then go to my apps in it and you will have a list of all the apps from them you have. get everything set up how you like it and then call HTC and complain that the bug ate your audio player. Ask when the fix is coming. They won't tell you anything but maybe if we keep complaining they will push this fix sooner rather than later.

Warren Faircloth

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
It is the lg splender i dont recommend getting any google phone as far as i know this is the second phone i have had in 6 month period so there for i am very disappointed