Help me choose a new phone!

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Or you keep on being defective SD cards on ebay for dirt cheap.

You have NO WAY of knowing WHERE I got my SD cards -- and for your information, I did NOT buy them on ebay dirt cheap, I bought EXPENSIVE, Brand-Names ones in a computer store.

You arrogant jerk!! I didn't insult you -- where do you get off insulting me?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Remember the Droid DNA and Nexus 4 have no expandable physical memory mate... will that bother you?
If so then get the GT-i9305.
If not,...... whole new kettle of fish.
Wish id read the thread now lol.
Are u buying the phone outright?
If i was, itd be the global version of Droid DNA and **** LTE lol that thing is a masterpiece and global has sd ;)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Oops. Just read your op mate...
Get whats cutest :p

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
With 10s of millions of Galaxy S3 phones being sold and most having no problems with the phone itself, it is obviously bad luck. Or you keep on being defective SD cards on ebay for dirt cheap.
Lets not assume where someone is buying SD cards.

You have NO WAY of knowing WHERE I got my SD cards -- and for your information, I did NOT buy them on ebay dirt cheap, I bought EXPENSIVE, Brand-Names ones in a computer store.

You arrogant jerk!! I didn't insult you -- where do you get off insulting me?
That response wasn't warranted assuming where your purchasing SD Cards. Lets drop any further mention of insults from other parties please.

As many others in this thread have commented it sounds like some bad luck your having. Yes I know its hard to believe but it does happen unfortunately.

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
That response wasn't warranted assuming where your purchasing SD Cards.
If you're saying MY response wasn't warranted -- then I'm out of here. I should NOT have to put up with insulting insinuations from other forum members.

As many others in this thread have commented it sounds like some bad luck your having.
Not just me -- others as well. Perhaps you haven't looked, but between this forum and the Phandroid S3 forum, I see at least one NEW post every single day from someone ELSE who has had their SD card fried. This is a growing problem, and attributing it to MY bad luck does not help anyone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you're saying MY response wasn't warranted -- then I'm out of here. I should NOT have to put up with insulting insinuations from other forum members.

Not just me -- others as well. Perhaps you haven't looked, but between this forum and the Phandroid S3 forum, I see at least one NEW post every single day from someone ELSE who has had their SD card fried. This is a growing problem, and attributing it to MY bad luck does not help anyone.

Sorry I didn't clarify myself better. I referring to the comment about the assumption of where you purchase sd cards.

We don't know where you purchased them so nobody should be assuming things.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I didn't clarify myself better. I referring to the comment about the assumption of where you purchase sd cards.

We don't know where you purchased them so nobody should be assuming things.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Thanks for the clarification -- and I'm sorry that I lost it like that in the post. I'm just getting increasingly upset by arrogant and stupid insinuations that those of us unfortunate enough to have to endure these hardware failure are (somehow) to BLAME for them. I used to do hardware quality assurance testing years ago and one thing I learned is that there ALWAYS will be failures. No company can afford to spend the money to make a product 100% failure-free. That would drive up the product cost so much that no one could then afford to buy it.

Our new Honda CR-V just came back from the shop being fixed for a Recall. Problem with the master power window motor jamming, burning out, and igniting! Honda didn't try to find ways to blame US for the problem; they just fixed it. They didn't say I used the window too much; they didn't say I used the switch the wrong way; they didn't try to weasel out of the problem. They just fixed it.

That's all I ask of folks in the forum -- help us fix problems; don't go BLAMING us for the problems.

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, how big of an sd card are you using? Any reformats to it or anything before using it? I've switched between roms without doing anything to my 64gb sandisk card besides having to format it w/ fat32 3rd party program. Battery running hot? Sorry for the bad luck you are having but I haven't nearly heard of sdcards frying that much is the gs3. Don't get me wrong i have but not as severe as it seemed you posted.

Last edited:

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, how big of an sd card are you using?
Started out with 16GB card. Moved to 32GB card -- that got fried. Put different 32GB card in second GS3 -- that got fried, too. Have third 32GB card in third GS3.
Any reformats to it or anything before using it?
No -- stuck cards in phone, formatted using the phone. Not formatted or reformatted using a PC.
Battery running hot?
Not the battery per se. First phone overheated while playing music (nothing else). Second phone just froze, not overheated, and trashed the SD card.

Sorry for the bad luck you are having but I haven't nearly heard of sdcards frying that much is the gs3.
Well, I only personally know two people who have the GS3s -- and BOTH of us have had our phones trash our SD cards. But, I've been following this forum and the Phandroid SG3 forum -- and every day, another new person posts about THEIR SG3 doing this. So -- it's not just us two, and the number is growing daily. I also know quite a few people that have OTHER phones, even Samsung phones, and they haven't had the SD card problem.
Don't get me wrong i have but not as severe as it seemed you posted.
Level of severity is a matter of PERSONAL perspective. When both the SG3s you own trash the SD cards, and in the process, wipe out movies and pictures you can't recover -- that IS "severe" to you.

I never said this was an "epidemic" problem -- and even stated that if 1000 of us are inflicted with this, that is still a very small percentage of the total in circulation (less than 1%). But it's like being injured in a car accident where someone runs into you -- the fact that only a very small percentage of folks suffer such injuries is of no consolation to you, personally.

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I have been there when losing photos and everything. I hope something gets worked out your way and your friend. All I can say is always have a back up on your pc. I feel your pain on losing things. We had a bad group policy that ran for our students at the highschool and some how got onto the computer level and not user level, this ended with teachers who didn't use their server drive or any usb sticks lost their documents. Granted its a school PC but we give them space on the server to back up and remind them. It happens and really sucks. I do hope you can start enjoying the phone without bad luck or hardware or what ever it is :p.

Titandan1

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey WAWood8,

How are you doing? Honestly, I find your comments a little confusing. You claim to have had thee GS3 phones fry their SD cards and you maintain that it's not bad luck. However, you also believe it's not an "epidemic" and a small percentage of GS3 customers have this problem. Yet, you also say that you only know two people who have this phone and they both have this problem.

I know 8-10 people who have GS3 and none of them have fried their SD cards. From what I can gather, none of them have any technical problems with their phones thus far. Does that mean I have good luck? Maybe. But if you truly believe this isn't an epidemic on GS3 phones, then I would say it's bad luck (for lack of a better word).

Either that, or you're abusing your phone to the point of its SD card frying. Or the phone's being placed on hot surfaces that encourages cards frying. Or it may just be "bad luck." But whatever it is, there must be a reason why phones in your vicinity are not doing well and the phones in mine are functioning as designed. I don't want to call out inconsistencies, but they do bother me at times. Either this is an epidemic on GS3 phones, your using it wrong, the environment surrounding your phone isn't very good, or it is bad luck.

By the way, did you get a new GS3 phones via warranty? If not, then why didn't you choose a "less problematic" phone as your replacement?

For the original poster, the Galaxy s3 is the best phone I've ever owned thus far. I haven't experienced any problems as of yet and I'm hoping for no fried SD cards. I'm actually consistently delighted to find new tricks and surprises as tinker with my phone. Okay then... take care guys and an early Merry Christmas to you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire