Help! My LG Stylo 4 is stuck on the boot mode screen!

adampking

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I have an LG Stylo 4 running pie. I had like 17 updates when I looked earlier today so I installed them. After I did, my phone was running super slow. I restarted it, and it ran even slower then it froze on the home screen. I couldn't even turn it off with the power button. I did a soft reset and now it's stuck on the boot mode black screen. We're planning to get new phones in a couple of weeks, but i need this one until then for work. Someone please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you hold it for at least 20 seconds? That's a pretty long time. If that still doesn't work, try pressing Power and Vol Down at the same time for about 20 seconds.

adampking

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I held it for over 20 seconds per my clock on the wall. I did press and hold the power and volume down button it goes blank and vibrates then comes back to the same black screen. See video.

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AOZts_dV0cRe3Jw1dTWXETo6Aa_NSoiF/view?usp=sharing[/video]

Yes. Per the analog clock on my wall I held it for over 30 seconds. I did press the power and vol down button at the same time for 20 seconds, and it went blank after about 10 and vibrated. Then it vibrated after another 10 when i released it. it took about 40 seconds then came back to the black boot mode screen. I have a video it it will let me post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

adampking

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
Well obviously you didn't read the comments or watch the video i posted because pressing and holding the power button and volume down button at the same time that is supposed to take you to recovery mode only brings up the black boot mode screen. Any actual ideas on how to get it to go into Recovery Mode from the black boot mode screen that keeps coming up?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well obviously you didn't read the comments or watch the video i posted because pressing and holding the power button and volume down button at the same time that is supposed to take you to recovery mode only brings up the black boot mode screen. Any actual ideas on how to get it to go into Recovery Mode from the black boot mode screen that keeps coming up?
I was the one that approved your link post , so yes I did go over it and didn't understand what you were doing .

adampking

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for the approval. I was showing what screen is currently showing on my phone and showing what it does when i try to go into the recovery mode. This was stated in the post. As well as in the next post I made when the one with the link disappeared i guess while waiting for approval.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You might be out of luck it you're unable to boot into Recovery. I assume the phone is out of warranty, correct?

adampking

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
Nope. Still does the same thing. I actually let it completely die hoping that when i plugged it in and started it up it would work, but no luck.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Still does the same thing. I actually let it completely die hoping that when i plugged it in and started it up it would work, but no luck.
It's possible that it's completely dead, not to be revived without a new battery if that's the case. Have you tried using a wall charger and leaving it plugged in for at least 8 hours?

adampking

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
The battery still works. I just can't get it out of the black boot mode screen. Says

stboot mode *red*
rest in white:
Product_Name - msm8953 32gb
Variant - msm 8953 32gb
HW Version - rev_11
Bootloader version-
baseband version-
Carrier Info- N/A
Serial number - *gives serial number for phone*
Signing- production
Secure Boot- disabled
lock state - locked

when i press and hold power and vol down the screen goes black and after about 40 seconds it loads this same information.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The battery still works. I just can't get it out of the black boot mode screen. Says

stboot mode *red*
rest in white:
Product_Name - msm8953 32gb
Variant - msm 8953 32gb
HW Version - rev_11
Bootloader version-
baseband version-
Carrier Info- N/A
Serial number - *gives serial number for phone*
Signing- production
Secure Boot- disabled
lock state - locked

when i press and hold power and vol down the screen goes black and after about 40 seconds it loads this same information.
What about power and volume up ?