Help optimus s wont turn on!!!!

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
After i rooted and flashed new rom my battery died and when i went to charge the phone it just flashed the lg logo then black nonstop. Then i tried another battery and same thing. I also cant get into recovery and adb wont reckonize it i really need help!!1

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
A lot of the time when people think they're blocked out of recovery mode they'll sit there and try again and again sometimes for up to a half hour. From what I've read from other people (this never happened to me) a lot of them are eventually able to get into recovery and wipe data, flash a new ROM, or whatever else it is they do.

That's all the advice i can give you, just keep trying and wait and see what some of the people that know more then me about this will say.:)

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Define "nonstop." The first boot on a fresh ROM can take a several minutes to progress to the boot animation and you should just not touch it for about 15 minutes.

I think I'm just going to "Like" every new user's thread where they did not use ROM Mangler.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the debug thing and rom and im using xiona

which ROM?
were there any errors?
need some more info here....

if it was a brick, the lg logo would repeat. if you are just seeing a black screen, im wondering if you flashed a VC or V9 rom....

have you tried booting into recovery manually? using the key combo?

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok so when i flashed CM7 i booted normally but then the.battery died so i connected it to charge then.it showed the lg logo then blakc then lg logo then black and wouldnt stop i have also tried recovery but nothing

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like your battery went out while it was building the caches. That should not effect recovery, though.

Have you tried the key combo to get into recovery? Hold Vol Down + Home + Power, let up when you see the 'LG' disappear. You can reflash the ROM and gapps if you can get there.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I am finding it strange that you can't get into recovery even though you borked your Android install. It's obvious that you have a boot loop, but you should still be able to get into your recovery. Can you get e-mode? You might read the 'Unbrick for some forms of brick' thread here.

And keep trying for a bit.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I am finding it strange that you can't get into recovery even though you borked your Android install. It's obvious that you have a boot loop, but you should still be able to get into your recovery. Can you get e-mode? You might read the 'Unbrick for some forms of brick' thread here.

And keep trying for a bit.

I agree, its very odd. Before offline charging was enabled in bobzhomes kernel, i remember that if your battery died on cm7, the phone would appear to bootloop as it tried to boot, died, tried to boot, died. This would eventually stop once the battery had enough charge to let the phone boot.

However, flashing a ROM has NO effect on the recovery partition, especially if you are indeed using xionia.

Either something else happened, or you arent trying to get into recovery properly.

Who's CM7 build are you using?

Zefie?
Drew Walton?
Kraven?
i think there was another one too....

Read the Xionia thread to make sure you are booting into recovery properly. Something doesnt seem right.

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
About me booting into recovery im pretty sure im doing it right

Home+Volume down+Power

I do that but what it does it slows down the bootloop

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
About me booting into recovery im pretty sure im doing it right

Home+Volume down+Power

I do that but what it does it slows down the bootloop
Pull battery, then reinstall, do not plug phone in, then try the key combo for getting into recovery.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene