help please

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I am new to the forum. I am currently debating about a hero. I am coming from a long history with BB. I love the look of the sense ui and am tired of boring BB.
can anyone provide reasons for me to jump on board the hero.
Thanks

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
It's difficult to offer any convincing arguments unless we know what you actually want from a smartphone - your requirements will be different from others'.

Personally I love the Hero and it's open-ness, but that's not for everyone.

Dave

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I've had pretty much every smart phone OS (Curve, Pre, WinMo, Android).

Like the above poster said, it depends on what you're looking for.

To me, the Blackberry is a no nonsense 100% efficient smartphone, for more of a business person that just wants things streamlined with no worries.

The Hero is more of an open canvas, where you need to tailor the phone to what you need. It takes a lot more work, but it's a more personalized experience. This would be beneficial if you are looking to use a smartphone not only for business, but a complete multi-media experience.

Not sure if that helps.

Last edited:

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i want a smartphone for a complete experience. for years i have owned BBs for the simple fact that they work well but are very boring.
after watching countless videos and reading many reviews i like what i see in the hero. the latest firmware seems to have fixed the sluggishness and seven beta program will push my email.
how is the browser? It has to be better than BB
I owned the iphone 3g and did not care for it. I could customize after i jailbroke it and then it became sluggy. It was designed for teenagers and not me.
I liked the hero because it looks to be the one phone that i can truly personalize it.
any thoughts?

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I've had pretty much every smart phone OS (Curve, Pre, WinMo, Android).

Like the above poster said, it depends on what you're looking for.

To me, the Blackberry is a no nonsense 100% efficient smartphone, for more of a business person that just wants things streamlined with no worries.

The Hero is more of an open canvas, where you need to tailor the phone to what you need. It takes a lot more work, but it's a more personalized experience. This would be beneficial if you are looking to use a smartphone not only for business, but a complete multi-media experience.

Not sure if that helps.

Well said.

One must compare it to the Pre as well. Pre is a very elegant and simple to use device. Beautiful- if a os could be, but ultimately cookie cutter and unflexible in comparison to the hero.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Well said.

One must compare it to the Pre as well. Pre is a very elegant and simple to use device. Beautiful- if a os could be, but ultimately cookie cutter and unflexible in comparison to the hero.

You are correct. I came from the Pre, and i do love the Pre, but it's in its infancy. I miss the keyboard and am getting used to the virtual keyboard.

The Pre is slick and the gesture area is something i miss as well. But you are correct, it is highly unflexible and lacks a lot of standard features.

Maybe in time the Pre will be better with updates.

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Hero is a very nice phone and imho, runs circles around the Pre, which I owned for a while. If you didn't mind your iphone's VKB, then the Hero's KB will feel just fine to you.

Customizing the Hero is ultra easy and flexable and having multiple screens to create scenes is awesome to work with. For instance I have my main scene, a work related scene, a weekend scene, one for my son and games, one for system utilities, etc. I know that for the Pre the whole draw was being able to multi-task. Even though Hero doesn't utilize "cards", you can still easily multi-task and flip between msg'ing, email, internet, etc. Also, there are thousands of apps on the market (in case you are an app-a-holic like many of us).

Of course the choice is up to you, but I think you might like the hero...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manujws00