Help to delete multiple sms / text messages at one time

dpoverlord

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Basically, I want to delete multiple msg threads at one time. I have a few hundred. Is there anyway to do this? The native app makes me hold the button a few seconds for each thread. Go sms pro does not seem to have an option either.

Thanks

EDIT:
So,

I am not having much luck. I downloaded an app called Quick Delete, but you have to push a check mark on each thread. Does anyone know if there is a way to highlight everything you want quickly?

For example:

1. Open Messages
2. Click top to select
3. Click bottom to Select
4. Highlights everything in the middle.

Anyone have any idea?

Last edited:

toan04

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Basically, I want to delete multiple msg threads at one time. I have a few hundred. Is there anyway to do this? The native app makes me hold the button a few seconds for each thread. Go sms pro does not seem to have an option either.

Thanks

I think if you go into the messaging app and press the menu button it will allow you to select multiple threads to delete.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks

With the stock messaging app, open messaging, press capacitive menu button, select delete threads and then select the threads you want to delete.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
thanks, but is there to quickly do this? Since I have hundreds I would like to delete.

Using this method you have the option of selecting multiple threads manually or you can select all at the top of the screen. If you use the select all option and have a few that you want to keep, then just go through your list and deselect them. That may be faster if you have a lot to delete and only a few that you want to keep.

dpoverlord

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Using this method you have the option of selecting multiple threads manually or you can select all at the top of the screen. If you use the select all option and have a few that you want to keep, then just go through your list and deselect them. That may be faster if you have a lot to delete and only a few that you want to keep.

+1

Yeah, dont think I am crazy but I have probably 1500 threads..... only want to delete 800 or so. not much :)

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
+1

Yeah, dont think I am crazy but I have probably 1500 threads..... only want to delete 800 or so. not much :)

Wow! That's a LOT of messages. Well maybe when you get that cleaned up a bit you can stay on top of it, unless of course you get that many in single day. ;)

dpoverlord

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Wow! That's a LOT of messages. Well maybe when you get that cleaned up a bit you can stay on top of it, unless of course you get that many in single day. ;)

500 yesterday so yeah....

What would be a good app is to be able to click the top thread then click bottom thread and it select all in between

dpoverlord

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So,

I am not having much luck. I downloaded an app called Quick Delete, but you have to push a check mark on each thread. Does anyone know if there is a way to highlight everything you want quickly?

For example:

1. Open Messages
2. Click top to select
3. Click bottom to Select
4. Highlights everything in the middle.

Anyone have any idea?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking in all the time in this thread I could have had everybox checked by now,, just saying

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

td1006

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
phone has select all option at the top
no option on the Gear Watch for same issue!

Gear manager and the phone istself should not have this issue!!

Devolpopers Where are you?

scatlowglob

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Here the step:
1. Backup All SMS using "SMS Backup & Restore" app to your externalCard
2. Your devices must be rooted
3. Open root explorer, go to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databeses/mmssms.db
4. if you want you can copy the current "mmssms.db" to externalCard for backup too
5. Delete current "mmssms.db" file
6. Restart phone
7. Now all your sms will disappear, if you want restore just some of sms threads, you can restore them using "SMS Backup & Restore" app from the backup sms data that already made

Hope this help

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
.... you can select all at the top of the screen. If you use the select all option and have a few that you want to keep, then just go through your list and deselect them. That may be faster if you have a lot to delete and only a few that you want to keep.

I guess this is the best available option for the OP. No choice, it's tedious so be patient. :)

Posted via Note 3

Manuel Garcia7

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
on 4.4 kit-kat when you open the text messaging app, a list appears of the individual you have been texting with. Touch and hold on the name and a pop-up menu that has option to delete or or register the number as spam appears. If you choose delete from this menu then all thread will be deleted.

Other wise once you open the thread you can delete text one balloon at a time.

Hope this helps.

Manny