Here is the V30 (actual leaked photo)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how you mean it but headphone jack is better on top for my usage. Hate having the phone upside down in my pocket. In fact I would prefer the USB jack on top.

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't really see much of a curve in the glass... And the display edges don't appear to reach very far to the edge like some previous leaks have shown.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy about that too.

Better than S8+ for sure (not edge to edge display). Still going to be a pain installing glass screen protectors. Most likely will have to use the "glued on" tempered glass screen protectors, gonna be a hassle. Hopefully it's not too bad.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how you mean it but headphone jack is better on top for my usage. Hate having the phone upside down in my pocket. In fact I would prefer the USB jack on top.

I like it on the bottom as the headphone wire is more out the way. I could image the reason why they moved it, most likely to fit the DAC on top and with the chopped off bezels, the only room available on the bottom is for the USB port.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't really see much of a curve in the glass... And the display edges don't appear to reach very far to the edge like some previous leaks have shown.

Yeah that's really good, now at least when you hold it, your hand won't accidentally touch the edges unlike Samsung's S7 Edge and S8. The screen looks like it kept the regular width size which is good, I like my screen big.

SchinkenSpicker

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
I think the S8-like wallpaper is at least to some degree responsible for this. Image the V30 with a different wallpaper and keep its backside in mind.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I often use the jack and charge at the same time while driving or watching a movie... this is annoying to have a cord coming out of both ends.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
After coming from a phone with opposite ended ports, having them coming out the same end seemed pretty perfect.

I mean in the sense that works for everyone. I had a phone with both ports on top and for me that was the best solution for my application. I'm not suggesting that it works for you or anyone else.
It's like when people come here and state that an IPhone, Samsung, Pixel, etc is the best phone. There is no best phone. There are best selling phones but there are many reasons for that.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So it looks like no notification led and no second screen and no removable battery? Why would I want the V30? Please don't say camera. Samsung always has a better snap. and shoot camera and that's all I do.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So it looks like no notification led and no second screen and no removable battery? Why would I want the V30? Please don't say camera. Samsung always has a better snap. and shoot camera and that's all I do.

Cuz it's cool

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

So get the phone that works for you. The last LG phone with notification led was the G5. There will a floating screen to replace the second screen. We new there was no removable battery for awhile now. There are no surprises here that we didn't know. I also doubt there will be an IR blaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucike8