Hey Y'all

amgqqq

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am the proud new owner of an Evo Shift; never owned a Droid before and consider myself less than a newbie, more like a pre-newbie. I've been looking for a way to wirelessly tether other devices without incurring additional charges and have been poking around the internet; that's how I discovered y'all. Seems I need to root my phone first so I am here to learn.
Cheers

amgqqq

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the "welcomes" everyone. rushrl, I'd read the article your link goes to before I joined (and the Rooting Q&A), it was one of the reasons I became a member; it was well-written and and for the most part I understood it. Still, I need to find a dictionary of "Android/Geek Speak" somewhere; e.g, what is a ROM?, what does it mean to have a server listening?,what does it mean to say dream and magic users have been runnning eclair? As I said, I am a pre-newbie! I am not asking for specific answers to these questions, just highlighting the fact that my fund of knowledge in this area is void. I look forward to learning in these forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796