Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I just did the software update. Not really sure what it's supposed to improve exactly but whatever. It better not mess it up!

Posted via Android Central App

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if we'll ever get an actual Sero 7 forum of our own instead of this never ending thread! ;)
Seems as though this tablet is for some reason being treated like a red headed step child.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's called Wally World because the employees don't have a clue about anything! Just like John Candy in the original version of Vacation with Chevy Chase.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It's called Wally World because the employees don't have a clue about anything! Just like John Candy in the original version of Vacation with Chevy Chase.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Lol true that. Some do but many don't. About the tablet is it worth buying it or should I wait for the new Nexus 7.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Lol true that. Some do but many don't. About the tablet is it worth buying it or should I wait for the new Nexus 7.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

The new Nexus is nice, has a rear camera, video out, possibly 2gb of ram.
But the prices have gone up.

I like my Sero, but will still consider the Nexus.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I grabbed a few USB cables and started plugging the tablet into my laptop.
A variety of things happened depending on the cable.

The cable that came with the Sero.
It would charge and you could copy/move files, to/from the tablet.

Cable from my S3 would only charge.

1 Generic cable was data only
2nd generic cable would only charge.

On all the cables that would charge, the touch screen touch points were off slightly.

When I plugged the tablet into my S3 charger, the screen was way off. Trying to unlock with a pattern was almost impossible, took 3-4 tries.

I haven't tried charging via PC but did using my Toshiba AT100 tablet while it is plugged into AC. No problems with the Hisense screen and it charges. The first time I tried, the only issue was the Gallery app on Hisense showed a message like "no external card" even though I have a test 4 Gb Micro SD inserted. The next try was after rebooting the Hisense. No more messages on Gallery. Since, have replugged into the other tab w/o issues. Thrive also retained its near full charge and no obvious issues.
PS-Just noticed the screen touch points are off using browser on my yahoo.

BTW, the Hisense reboots in less than 40 sec. But I only have the original apps less deleted Wally World and Sam's Club plus Angry Birds-Rio, ES file explorer (works well on file transfers to card, reaching my LAN), Amazon Appstore and Gas Buddy. My Thrive-with ~155 apps and 2 pages of widgets takes 4 min (~2x when new).

The apps I loaded from Google Play- which I owned before- installed on the Pro without recovering my old data. Any help here on how I can restore data from my Google account which had been backing up from my Thrive?

Also, I have the app 'Backup and Restore' on my Thrive with current and archived versions of programs stored on an SD card. Many times I went back to an earlier version of an app I liked better than the current one. Any ideas how I can get this data onto the Pro either as stock or rooted?

Last edited:

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am a tablet fanatic, so I'll probably get the new Nexus 7 later this month (if the release time predictions are correct). I do like Google's commitment to offer os updates to their products first. The Hisense is still a great value, but I'll be interested to see what more RAM does as far as performance, as well as the new processor. After having the Hisense for a month and one-half, my only criticism really is that the display color quality/saturation is just average in my opinion. Resolution is very good, but the colors don't "pop," but as I've said before, no other brand offers as much for the money. I would like to see Hisense become a major player in the tablet industry.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

pb5525

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
no way,I had a nexus 7, mini USB. NOT ENOUGH!! it would be charging and NEVER charge, if I turned it off, let it charge all night , well yeah. UNTIL that tiny little connection takes too much plugging and unplugging, it go's bad just like any used cell phone charger. BAD ENGINEERING!! I was thinking about this High sense , you statement slapped the reality of it again. Samsung, Acer have other than mini-usb, I love those 7" tabs. acer 7 bites. I have tested allot of tabs this last year, believe me, mini USB is not good for even cell phones . its part of the throw away tech that we are all used to.

jimmyparky

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a problem playing a videos stored in the SD card. I've uploaded avi and mp4 videos to my external sd card (64gb) and it seems only certain mp4 videos are able to play. After connecting the Sero 7 to my PC with the usb cable I move the files into the SD card folder. When I looked in the folder where I've uploaded, files that work shows the duration of the movie and ones that doesn't work shows only 00:00:00 duration or just the size of the file. I've tried converting avi to mp4 using the bigasoft total video converter with profile for Android MPEG4, but that converted file still didn't play in the tablet. I can't seem to figure out what format is causing the problem. Has anyone tried this?

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a problem playing a videos stored in the SD card. I've uploaded avi and mp4 videos to my external sd card (64gb) and it seems only certain mp4 videos are able to play. After connecting the Sero 7 to my PC with the usb cable I move the files into the SD card folder. When I looked in the folder where I've uploaded, files that work shows the duration of the movie and ones that doesn't work shows only 00:00:00 duration or just the size of the file. I've tried converting avi to mp4 using the bigasoft total video converter with profile for Android MPEG4, but that converted file still didn't play in the tablet. I can't seem to figure out what format is causing the problem. Has anyone tried this?

I use the free version of BS Player and it plays every video I've tried.
In the settings there is an extensive list of video extensions.

Jim_S

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Today I used ES File Explorer to delete some files from my SD card. Everything looks as it should on the tablet, but when I plugged it into my computer to transfer more files, I had a bunch of "LOST" folders show up, some of which contain empty copies of the deleted files, and also there are multiple copies of the folder that I had deleted the files from, some of which contain empty copies of the deleted files. Then there's one that contains a folder called "local disk", and inside that is over a dozen more folders called "local disk"!

I wonder if this is related to the problem someone here was having whereby he kept having multiple copies of his sdcard pseudo-directory show up?

I rebooted the tablet and they're still there.

I don't have anything on the card that I don't have other copies of, so I'm tempted to format it in a Linux filesystem instead of whatever it was (NTFS?) and see if it does the same thing.

Jim_S

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I can't figure out how to reformat the card. There has to be some way to do it in Android, doesn't there?

I did, however, unmount and remount it, and the spurious directories disappeared.

On another note, the only reason I'm plugging it in via USB is because copying files from my Windows shares (using ES File Explorer) is horribly slow. I don't know what the heck is wrong with my home network, but I have a media player that also gets horribly slow read speeds from the same server. I fixed that problem by using NFS instead of SMB, but I'd love to know what's wrong with SMB. It works fine between any two Windows computers, only the media player (and it's only one of the two media players I've owned) and now this tablet have a problem. I tried googling for ideas, but came up with nothing that helped. I found a lot of people complaining about a similar problem when using a Mac as the server, but nothing with Windows, and none of the suggested fixes like changing MTU size seem to do anything for me.

Last edited:

Jim_S

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Oh, one more thing related to using the USB cable, that I didn't mention until now because I was unable to duplicate it. My girlfriend has the same tablet, and a few days ago she had copied some files to the SD card and the next time she started the tablet, the files were gone. Not empty, completely gone. She can't duplicate the problem either, so I'm hoping it doesn't happen again, but I'm clueless as to what caused it. The only thing I can think of is that the files weren't completely written to the card before she unplugged it. But I don't know how to prevent that, because the tablet shows up in Windows as a media device instead of a removable disc drive, and for some reason Windows doesn't provide an eject option in that case! (I did try switching mine from MTP mode to PTP mode in hopes that it would show up as a drive instead of a player, but then Windows doesn't even show the SD card, only the internal storage!)

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Today I used ES File Explorer to delete some files from my SD card. Everything looks as it should on the tablet, but when I plugged it into my computer to transfer more files, I had a bunch of "LOST" folders show up, some of which contain empty copies of the deleted files, and also there are multiple copies of the folder that I had deleted the files from, some of which contain empty copies of the deleted files. Then there's one that contains a folder called "local disk", and inside that is over a dozen more folders called "local disk"!

I wonder if this is related to the problem someone here was having whereby he kept having multiple copies of his sdcard pseudo-directory show up?

I rebooted the tablet and they're still there.

I don't have anything on the card that I don't have other copies of, so I'm tempted to format it in a Linux filesystem instead of whatever it was (NTFS?) and see if it does the same thing.

I don't normally plug my android devices into the PC, but I did the other day and same thing.
Using the PC to view the card on the tablet showed duplicates of folders.

Pulled the card and put it into an adapter and plugged it directly into the PC and no duplicates.
So it must be something the tablet is doing.

Reformat the card on the pc in the PC.

Sent from my M470BSA