Honeymoon Period

BCWARE

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
so so pleased. the ONLY issue I have is the occasional blip with Android Auto connection. Get lots of kudos on camera...I am becoming the picture taker in our friend group. Battery life is so good, I am still getting used to rolling without charger. it just isn't needed. I don't know what more to say. Just a fantastic phone

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
so so pleased. the ONLY issue I have is the occasional blip with Android Auto connection. Get lots of kudos on camera...I am becoming the picture taker in our friend group. Battery life is so good, I am still getting used to rolling without charger. it just isn't needed. I don't know what more to say. Just a fantastic phone

I'm having issues with AA also on 8.1
What kind of issues are you experiencing?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Are you using the 2 XL?

iamtron

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Honeymoon is just starting for me. Pulled the trigger this weekend with Verizon doing the $300 off with no strings, other than 2 year commitment. I'm coming off my OG Droid Turbo, which I've used for 3 years. I was looking for a phone that will last me another 3 years. That's the main driver for getting the Pixel 2 XL. 3 years of OS and security updates (minimum) and 2 year hardware warranty.
I'm using the squeeze more than I thought I would (once I got it working). I like the screen and its calibration. The blue shift, while noticable when looking for it, doesn't bother me at all during normal usage. Battery life so far has been good. I like that it didn't come with all the typical Verizon bloatware.
I'm still adjusting to losing some of the Moto features. Losing good voice texting while driving has been the biggest. I'm just starting to look at my options.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm just glad I finally got one and didn't let all of the negative press keep me away. I've had zero issues with my 2 XL!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Honeymoon is just starting for me. Pulled the trigger this weekend with Verizon doing the $300 off with no strings, other than 2 year commitment. I'm coming off my OG Droid Turbo, which I've used for 3 years. I was looking for a phone that will last me another 3 years. That's the main driver for getting the Pixel 2 XL. 3 years of OS and security updates (minimum) and 2 year hardware warranty.
I'm using the squeeze more than I thought I would (once I got it working). I like the screen and its calibration. The blue shift, while noticable when looking for it, doesn't bother me at all during normal usage. Battery life so far has been good. I like that it didn't come with all the typical Verizon bloatware.
I'm still adjusting to losing some of the Moto features. Losing good voice texting while driving has been the biggest. I'm just starting to look at my options.

So glad you're loving it! And what a great deal from Verizon! You guys are making me want to pull the trigger on a Pixel 2 now!! Haha.

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Voicemail is a pain in the *** to set up, especially with att. That's my biggest issue. I don't even have it solved yet after going to the att store the other day. I know how to reset the password(dialing 611), but after I do put in the verification code, it asks for my mail box number, and I don't know what the **** that is, and I haven't gotten back to the store.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Voicemail is a pain in the *** to set up, especially with att. That's my biggest issue. I don't even have it solved yet after going to the att store the other day. I know how to reset the password(dialing 611), but after I do put in the verification code, it asks for my mail box number, and I don't know what the **** that is, and I haven't gotten back to the store.

Yeah AT&T makes things hard for their customers using "non-AT&T" phones :(.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
You don't have the option to use visual voicemail? I love that

C5Longhorn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Now that the honeymoon is over..what are your likes and dislikes about the device? What are you using more than you thought you would... Are you missing anything from any other device?

For me, the "honeymoon" is still going. I'm still loving this device like I first held it. I use the squeeze a lot more than I thought.. I also use the front camera way more than I thought.. I don't really miss the headphone jack like I thought, though one time I was charging in the car and I was like "ah can't plug in my aux.. but wait, my battery will last so nevermind"

Now that the honeymoon is over, which one are you rocking and squeezing mostly 😀 ? 2 or 2 XL?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My love affair with the Pixel started with the OG 1st gen Pixel last year. Before that phone, I was agnostic to Android phones. They were just tools to handle calls and text primarily with some pics and data use mixed in. When I got the 2016 model, I couldn't believe how much I loved the UX and I thought there was no way I would upgrade until Pixel 3. I just didn't think there was any way I could like any phone more than that phone, but I was wrong.

The Pixel 2, for me, is that next level in UX and ecosystem. I've always used the Assistant, but it wasn't until the Pixel 2 that I broke open the Google Home speaker that I've had since July and put the mini I got for free to work.

I'm using the phone like no other device I've ever had before. I'm using GA more because of the Active Edge feature and took things up a notch when Lens was made available in GA as well. Case in point, I'm enjoying a late lunch at a rum bar yesterday (don't judge me!). The bartender pours me one of the best sipping rums I've had in my life and I'm not a fan of rum at all. He's telling me the story and brings the bottle down. As he's talking, I hit the Lens on the bottle and grab all the info instantly. He's still giving me the story, and I'm already putting the phone back on the counter.

I'm taking more pictures, more video.. Battery life is incredible and I'm on the Pixel 2, not even the XL. I took the device off the charger at 5:30 a.m. went to a conference for the first half of the day, took a ton of pictures, hit a jazz brunch at 1:00 and took a load of video. It's 6:04 p.m. and I'm at 42%

Honeymoon..???? This device is taking my use of the system up to a greater UX than even what I had on the OG. I'm all the way on board with Google and their vision of computing. It's hard to describe how great the device is to people that don't have it. It's not for everybody and that's okay because Android is about choice.

Love your review! Thank you so much for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon jon