Hopefully not a dead horse!

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Now that we all have had the pixel 7 for several months, how is your battery life? I'm surprised after the latest update my battery life prediction has dropped from over one day to 20 hours! No new applications, no new habit patterns, we haven't moved, etc. Anyone else feel like posting this page to compare battery prediction settings?Screenshot_20230505-090342.jpg

Reactions: Morty2264

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've read several reports from users that are experiencing similar issues. My device (P7Pro unlocked) has not experienced any battery issues. On a full charge, it will last 1.5 days. About the same is did when I first purchased it. I only charge my phone when the batter is 10% or lower.

Reactions: THEPRFCT10

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine has improved since the MAY update. I sideloaded it. However, I don't see how this might make a difference. I run my phone on the lowest resolution and refresh rate...but I did this from the beginning so.....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might just have to do with how much battery was being used during the update process -- the system might be taking that into account. After a cycle or two of normal use, hopefully the prediction will go back to what it was before.

Reactions: Morty2264

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My Battery has been and still is probably the best of any pixel I have had. I run the screen at 100% bright and never use battery saver. Charge nightly when its at 40 t0 50 % after a full day of moderate usage. No complaints from me.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
My Battery has been and still is probably the best of any pixel I have had. I run the screen at 100% bright and never use battery saver. Charge nightly when its at 40 t0 50 % after a full day of moderate usage. No complaints from me.
That's impressive

livetovacation60

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I've been traveling for the last couple of weeks and using my phone alot more with my display cranked up. It's not great but getting me through the day without any issues.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid to run my screen at full brightness because of the heat it generates. I'm running on 1080p and 120hz. I've already had this phone replaced due to a faulty screen. Plus I don't want this phone to die while I'm on vacation next month. I know I'll be pushing it hard then and asking a lot out of it. I do notice it runs cooler since dropping the resolution down. But it still gets warm in the car in sunlight while charging. Unless my ac is on and blowing on it. I do have my phone mount right in front of the vent.

I consistently get a day of full usage out of this phone. I usually plug it in whenever I'm in the car and at night.

livetovacation60

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I'm afraid to run my screen at full brightness because of the heat it generates. I'm running on 1080p and 120hz. I've already had this phone replaced due to a faulty screen. Plus I don't want this phone to die while I'm on vacation next month. I know I'll be pushing it hard then and asking a lot out of it. I do notice it runs cooler since dropping the resolution down. But it still gets warm in the car in sunlight while charging. Unless my ac is on and blowing on it. I do have my phone mount right in front of the vent.

I consistently get a day of full usage out of this phone. I usually plug it in whenever I'm in the car and at night.
I'm using a 7 and just running at 60mhz during the trip to help on battery life.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow! That's an awesome feat, especially while using maximum brightness!