Question Horizontal scroll on webpages zoom

AlinPaladin

Apr 8, 2023
Visit site
Hello, I have 4 android devices (4.2 to 11) and all seem to have the same problem, when I zoom in on a website (any website), a horizontal scrollbar appears, which makes reading the text very enervating.
This happens on all aps: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, Kiwi, even when new installed or stock versions.

I suspect it has to do something with the settings made in developer tools, but I might be wrong. Turning them off and restarting does not fix the problem.
I don't wish to reset to fabric defaults, at least not yet. Are there any other options?

The problem does not appear on Chrome, desktop, on the same websites. (CTRL+Scroll zooms in the page AND refits-it to screen, no scroll bar appears)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think it has to do with the difference between a mobile screen and a laptop/desktop screen. Zooming on a mobile device will quickly magnify things to a degree where reformatting to the small screen is unfeasible, so I believe that's why it simply magnifies the page, requiring you to pan around. There's much more screen real estate on a laptop, which allows for reformatting.