How can I get into my Note 4 if the finger scanner isn't working and I forgot the back up password?

Hobo Juanita

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
:-* You are the MAN !!!!!! I was able to reset from the web site you provided...and it worked with new pin...My phone is still messing up but I can get in through the web site untill Monday when I go to the AT&T store and get this resolved Thank YOU Thank YOu Thank YOU

azie

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: i can not get in to my note 4 with the finger scanner and i forgot the back up password

Trying to crack the boyfriend mobile? :)))

cuttinup97

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Going here absolutely worked!! I did not have to do a factory reset like others are saying. I used the unlock screen feature. Worked like a charm. I then IMMEDIATELY removed the fingerprint security. Thanks EDYMZE!

georgi5000

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
You can unlock your phone using the samsung website findmymobile[dot]samsung[dot]com

My man! That solved my problem! I was prompted to enter alternate password and my fingerprint scanner didn't work, but it was still connected to my Wi-Fi and I was able to successfully log in to my Samsung Account, not my Google Account! And from there on, it was a matter of seconds to find the "Unlock my screen" options and BOOM! I love you! <3 :D Try this if you're desperate and I was after hours spend on the forums! :) Good luck!

L3o4Nn

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Damn man. I had the same problem couple of days a go. I used my phone constantly that day...just locked it to write something then boom. My fingerprint scanner not working. The backup password worked on the lock screen. But when on settings nothing. Guess what. I've been on Lollipop when this happens to me ( downgraded to the big Boss kitkat).
Do you all have Lollipop in this situation? If so I think there s a software problem.

zahed khan

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Today I faced the same problem, my phone was not unlocking and asking for backup password (even though I could feel the haptic vibration feedback indicating finger scan is detected). Anyhow coming to soluton.
#1: Using samsung find my mobile service, you can log in & unlock your phone via website findmymobile[dot]samsung[dot]com
#2: try entering wrong backup password for 5 continous attempts till the phone pops a 30 sec time delay. After the time delay you can see an option "Unlock Via Google". You can enter the Google Id with which your samsung phone is registered with.

Note: for both the options your phone has to be connected to internet.
Luckily for me my phone was connected to the office wifi so I could instantly unlock from the samsung portal

zahed khan

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes man you are right it is a software issue as my scanner is working correctly on other things except the screen lock.
But what I fail to understand is my auto-updates are off & till yesterday night it was working fine then how come suddenly such software glitch. BTW I am also on lolipop 5.1.1 right now

zahed khan

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Damn man. I had the same problem couple of days a go. I used my phone constantly that day...just locked it to write something then boom. My fingerprint scanner not working. The backup password worked on the lock screen. But when on settings nothing. Guess what. I've been on Lollipop when this happens to me ( downgraded to the big Boss kitkat).
Do you all have Lollipop in this situation? If so I think there s a software problem.

Yes man you are right it is a software issue as my scanner is working correctly on other things except the screen lock.
But what I fail to understand is my auto-updates are off & till yesterday night it was working fine then how come suddenly such software glitch. BTW I am also on lolipop 5.1.1 right now

Ederlinda Dalluay

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: unlock finger print / back up password

How can I get into my Note 4 if the finger scanner isn't working and back up password is not working also :'(
i dont have samsung account yet

Jdonahoe101

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: i can not get in to my note 4 with the finger scanner and i forgot the back up password

My phone is now doing the same thing. I have the Note 4 on Sprint and the scanner doesn't even show up on the screen when i turn the device on it goes directly to the Backup password. I know I am using the correct password but after 5 attempts it then says the device does not recognize your fingerprint, try again in 30 seconds. Then after 30 seconds I try again and it says 10 attempts..... then after 15 attempts it says if your scanner isn't working please try your backup password. UGHHH!!!!!

I have restarted the device, tried the google device manager noted in the post above, pulled the battery and nothing works!

How did u get it unlocked? I'm having the same problem

pingwn33

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I used find my mobile site.....what a life saver...thought i was going to have to wipe my fone..but I was able to set a lock pin and unlock my phone....phew..thank you so very much:)

Dayaan

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
One of the posts mentioned that I could use the Samsung website to reset your password, but all I got to was a page to locate my device. Can someone please post how to get to the place where the password can be reset on-line?
Thanks for any help on this!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere