How can I move apps to my SD Card?

A

AC Question

storage for apps

my sister has a new laser tablet and im installing games for her we have got a few on already but the internal storage runs out. we have put in a GB SD card but when we go to install a new app it says insufficient storage available so i have tried to move apps from internal storage to the SD card but there is a button saying "move to SD card" but its is faded and will not let me access the button please help

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: storage for apps

That means that that particular app won't run from the SD card, and the developer know it, so he won't let you move it, thn have to answer your questions about why the app isn't working.

Not all apps can be moved.

Those that can be moved can only have certain parts moved, Parts stay in internal storage.

Since Android looks for apps in internal storage, a piece that's moved leaves a link to where it is on the card in internal storage.

So you don't save as much as you think you will, and if the pieces are small (around the size of a link), you can actually lose space by moving the app to the card.

Also, if you remove the card, you lose the app. If you copy the card, you lose the app. If you replace the tablet, you lose the app.