How can I upgrade my Samsung tablet to Android 5.0 from 4.0.4?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok that means a higher firmware version either hasn't been released for your device or hasn't been pushed to your device yet.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
And given that your tablet is on Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.x) and is Samsung, it is highly unlikely that any updates were released past Jellybean (4.1, 4.2 or 4.3) let alone, Kit Kat (4.4) or Marshmallow (5.0). ICS is 4 years older than MM.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think i have heard of an OEM skipping versions of Android like that. Your best bet would be to see if the tablet is supported by Cyanogen. If it is, you can root, flash a custom recovery, and flash the most up to date ROM they have.

Nightdiff

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I don't think i have heard of an OEM skipping versions of Android like that. Your best bet would be to see if the tablet is supported by Cyanogen. If it is, you can root, flash a custom recovery, and flash the most up to date ROM they have.

I already dl cynaogen but I can't figure out to use it

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I already dl cynaogen but I can't figure out to use it

You would need to flash a custom recovery like TWRP or ClockWorkMod, and then install the ROM from there. You will also need a GApps .zip file to get Google apps.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would plug your device into your PC and move the file to the highest folder level on the phone. Makes it easier to find.

Installing is under the install button.

Nightdiff

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I would plug your device into your PC and move the file to the highest folder level on the phone. Makes it easier to find.

Installing is under the install button.

Ok I will try that but i will probably be back for more help thank you