How do I create an S10e Contact shortcut on the Homescreen

hafcanadian A

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
I can’t seem to find a menu item for putting a shortcut off the Homescreen to a contact on my list. Not “Direct Dial”; that immediately dials. I may just want to text or dial a person’s second number, or see their email or other address.

All my wife’s main contacts were put on her Homescreen months ago when her S10e was new, but somehow my contact info got deleted from her list, which we just discovered. The shortcut remained on her Homescreen but didn’t work. I deleted it and put my info back on her Contacts list. But I can’t figure out how to put a shortcut to that on her Homescreen again! I thought originally there was a “place shortcut on Homescreen” option on each contact’s profile or edit menu somewhere, but now I can’t find such an option on any menu in the Contacts section.

Direct Dial placed there okay, but that’s not the same as a shortcut to my profile on her Contacts list.

(By the way, Mobile Nations, this forum doesn’t have a category listed for S10 phones in its “Optional - Pick a Category” choice field when submitting questions.)

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I can’t seem to find a menu item for putting a shortcut off the Homescreen to a contact on my list. Not “Direct Dial”; that immediately dials. I may just want to text or dial a person’s second number, or see their email or other address.

All my wife’s main contacts were put on her Homescreen months ago when her S10e was new, but somehow my contact info got deleted from her list, which we just discovered. The shortcut remained on her Homescreen but didn’t work. I deleted it and put my info back on her Contacts list. But I can’t figure out how to put a shortcut to that on her Homescreen again! I thought originally there was a “place shortcut on Homescreen” option on each contact’s profile or edit menu somewhere, but now I can’t find such an option on any menu in the Contacts section.

Direct Dial placed there okay, but that’s not the same as a shortcut to my profile on her Contacts list.

(By the way, Mobile Nations, this forum doesn’t have a category listed for S10 phones in its “Optional - Pick a Category” choice field when submitting questions.)

It does have an Galaxy S10e forum though.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s10e/

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Note10 forum to the S10e forum.

I replied in the other thread where you posted about this -- is there no Contacts widget available under the Contacts category when you look at the Widgets list? I'm not talking about the Direct Dial widget, since you've made it clear that's not what you're looking for. But on my Pixel 3 XL, there's still a separate 1x1 Contacts widget as an option. I suppose things could be different for you, since you're presumably using Samsung's Contacts app while I'm using the Google Contacts app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien