How do I crop photos in Gallery. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.

A

AC Question

When I click on the thumbnail of a photo in Gallery and open the photo, the choices at the bottom of the screen are Auto adjust, Share, Edit and Delete. When I click on Edit, the only choices at the bottom are Adjustment, Tone, Effects, Portrait, Drawing and Add Image. There is no option to Crop the photo. There is not an ellipsis at the top right or any further menu. How can I crop photos in Gallery?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you not have a Photos app in which to crop and do other editing? The result would then be saved to your Gallery app as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hankdog17

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I thought I had the same problem when I picked up my S7 bank on 3/11. When you click the edit button followed by the adjustment button, you're there. It just looks weird. Instead of having a crop button that puts a box over top of the image, the edge of the screen after clicking the adjustment button is it.

JohnOfStony

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
1) Touch and hold the "Back" button to the right of the physical "Home" button.
2) Tap the "Edit" icon centre bottom of the screen.
3) Tap the "Adjustment" icon far left bottom of the screen.
4) Drag the edges/corners of the picture in until you have the picture you want.
5) Tap "APPLY" top right of the screen.
6) Tap "SAVE" top right of screen.
Much more awkward than tapping the menu button on my old tablet and selecting "Crop" from the resulting menu. As it saved automatically when you tapped "DONE" there was no need to have a separate SAVE step. Why does Google ignore "If it ain't broke, don't fix It!"

blazefx

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
On Uk Galaxy S7, click the picture you wish to edit, at bottom of the screen click on edit, then click on position then use the box that appears to adjust the pic to where you want to crop it, when your happy click on the tick at the bottom of the screen and then save. thats it done :)

ksanger35

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
1) Touch and hold the "Back" button to the right of the physical "Home" button.
2) Tap the "Edit" icon centre bottom of the screen.
3) Tap the "Adjustment" icon far left bottom of the screen.
4) Drag the edges/corners of the picture in until you have the picture you want.
5) Tap "APPLY" top right of the screen.
6) Tap "SAVE" top right of screen.
Much more awkward than tapping the menu button on my old tablet and selecting "Crop" from the resulting menu. As it saved automatically when you tapped "DONE" there was no need to have a separate SAVE step. Why does Google ignore "If it ain't broke, don't fix It!"

Thank you; I did not notice the crop handles on the edge of the picture and was looking for the Crop Option under the edit screen. Adjusting didn't let me crop the way I wanted. Though it's nice to be able to set the aspect ratio and crop to a size that prints. Though why we can not do that and move the area up to the top of the image doesn't make sense. Dumb phone. Rather Dumb App on Dumb Phone with Dumb User.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174