How do I delete Google from note pro 12.2?

sunk

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm sick of dealing with Google anything. Is there a way to completely delete the grayed out Google icon from my tablet menu? I've uninstalled all related apps but that icon remains to annoy me. Thanks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which grayed out Google icon are you referring to? Google Search? You can go to the App Manager and disable as many Google apps as you can. Or you could root the device and remove Google apps, although you'd have to be cautious, because removing an app that is integral to the device's function might brick it.

No offense intended, but if you don't want to deal with Google, you may want to consider a different platform that isn't made by Google.

sunk

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
The Google group icon. The icon is gray and disabled but it still lingers in the menu.
As I understand it's Linux that Google used to develop the operating system. The android OS is an open source. I'm getting rid of anything proprietary that says Google, gmail, youtube, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I believe that's an empty folder. What happens when you long-press it? Can you drag it anywhere? Are there any options that appear at the top of the screen?

sunk

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
No options at the top. But I figured out how to change the folder name.
You gave me the idea when you said it's a folder and that I should try long pressing it.
You're awesome. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol